As Head of Innovation and Creativity at Disney, Duncan and his team helped Imagineering, Lucasfilm, Marvel, Pixar and Disney Parks to innovate, creating magical new storylines and experiences for consumers around the globe.
As founder of iD8 & innov8 he now brings his extensive Disney experience to audiences around the world using a very unique approach to Design Thinking, that not only places the end user at the core of the creative thinking process, but also looks in new and usual places to uncover insights for innovation, helping people capture unlikely connections, leading to fresh thinking and disruptive ideas. Delivering a series of keynotes, workshops and ideation forums, his unique Design Thinking process helps companies embed a culture of innovation into everyone’s DNA.
Duncan is a multiple Ted X speaker and contributor to Fast Company Magazine. He teaches Master Classes at Yale, the University of North Carolina, Duke University and the University of Florida. In 2008 he received the American Citizen of Choice Award at the White House. In 2014 he was awarded an Hons. Doctorate from Edinburgh University in Scotland. He also holds the Duke of Edinburgh Award presented by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth.
Educational Session Speakers
Power of Produce 2021
Anne-Marie Roerink is a Principal at 210 Analytics, LLC — providing customized research and marketing strategies with a specialty in food retailing for clients such as the Food Marketing Institute, National Grocers Association, National Confectioners Association and many others. Through countless studies and presentations for audiences large and small, Anne-Marie has developed an excellent perspective on the changing nature of the shopper and the food retailing business. Anne-Marie offers a diverse and in-depth view on retailing financials, operations and shopper behavior, and how/why these issues are important to various organizations, today and in the future. Prior to founding 210 Analytics, Anne-Marie was the Head of Research for the Food Marketing Institute.
Rick Stein joined FMI in 2014 and is responsible for developing a portfolio of services and activities to assist members in formulating and executing their fresh food strategies. These categories include everything from – dairy, frozen, meat, poultry, seafood, and produce to service departments – deli, bakery and fresh prepared meals and related solutions for take-out or in-store dining.
Prior to joining FMI, Rick spent 30 + years in a wide range of retail grocery merchandising and marketing responsibilities. Most recently Stein was the Vice President of retail Merchandising/Marketing execution for Safeway Stores, Inc. Previously he held both divisional and corporate responsibilities in his tenure at Safeway in retail/store operations, category management, sales, sourcing, strategy, and marketing/merchandising. He has experience in virtually every facet of the retail food business and helped lead Safeway to achieve operational excellence and increased market share and revenues.
Stein graduated from the University of Maryland with a Bachelor of Arts in Behavioral and Social Sciences. He has earned continuing educations credits in marketing, merchandising and management, most recently with the Disney Leadership Institute. Rick serves on numerous nonprofit boards such as the Children’s Cancer Foundation and Easter Seals of DC/VA/MD.
Patrick Kelly is a successful entrepreneur, speaker and strategist in the produce/supply chain industry. For more than 15 years Patrick has been dedicated to growing supply chains for produce partners around the world becoming the Class of 2015’s, Young and Smart Leaders on the rise, Top 40 under 40 and A Young Entrepreneur making better deals for growers. He has dedicated his work to learning and leading all generations to work and thrive together.
Southern Exposure Exhibitor Toolkit
Through our valued partnership with AGS Expo Services, the following exhibitor information is now available via email as well as on our website:
- Ancillary Services (Service Providers and Order Forms)
- Booth Labor (Information and Order Forms)
- Conference Information (Guidelines for Display, Fresh Produce Shipping Instructions, Fresh Produce Shipping Form)
- Custom Furnishings (Furnishings Catalog and Order Forms)
- Display Solutions (Creative Services for Exhibits)
- Official Contractor (Event Information and Forms)
- Shipping & Material Handling (Information and Order Forms)
- Standard Furnishings (Catalog and Order Forms)
Hybrid Experience within the SEPC Virtual Garden
Our Southern Exposure Virtual Platform is set to launch within the SEPC Virtual Garden on March 10th!
In the coming weeks, exhibitors will receive more information via email regarding our Southern Exposure Virtual Platform, including important guides and details on how to easily set up their virtual booths, complete profiles, and network with attendees who cannot attend in person. The following resource guides will be available to ensure the success of the entire virtual setup process:
- Exhibitor Resource Guide – Learn about system requirements, exhibitor profile and booth setups
- Exhibitor Best Practices Guide – video walkthrough of the virtual platform and key networking tools
- Webinar Training Invite
Virtual Retail/Foodservice Attendee Information
We understand that traveling across the galaxy is currently not an option for some of you, so to begin your mission, please register now as a Virtual Retail or Virtual Foodservice Attendee. Our virtual platform will soon be ready for you to create your virtual profile so that you will be able to successfully connect with our exhibitors.
Once you have accepted this mission, you will receive more information with important guides and details on how to easily complete your profile, network with exhibitors, and schedule appointments. You can expect to receive the below resource guides to navigate you through our virtual universe:
- How to Find a Session
- How to Experience the Virtual Hall
- How to Network Through Breakout Rooms and Lounges
- How to Network with Matchmaking Video and Chats
- How to Participate in the Social Feed
- Webinar Training Invite
Southern Exposure Digital Toolkit
Use the graphics below to customize your company email signature or other social media graphics to show your support of Southern Exposure 2021! They can also be accessed on our website using the link below.
Deadline Today!! February 1st!
Bright Ideas Fresh Arrivals
The SEPC is excited to feature your new products within our Bright Ideas Fresh Arrivals showcase!
How to Submit Your Showcase Application
- As you register for Southern Exposure, select Bright Ideas Fresh Arrivals as one of your sessions.
- Once you register, you’ll receive an application link via email for your showcase.
- Review the options below and submit your application by TODAY, February 1, 2021. Cases are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis and space is limited.
- You must include one (1) high-resolution image of your product as well as a detailed description (50 words or less).
Please note: All shelves include lighting and cases will be locked.
Case Dimensions: 37” W x 13” H x 25.5" D
Space is limited to one (1) case per member company (unless approved by the SEPC).
*An invoice will be sent upon registering as well as an application link. However, if your showcase is not approved, we will issue a refund.
- Your company must be a member of the Southeast Produce Council and in good standing
- Your new products must have been submitted to market since March of 2020 or will be launched before July 2021
Southern Exposure 2021 Bright Ideas Fresh Arrivals Showcase
Deadline Today!! February 1st!
Our Innovation Stations are also back by popular demand in which one (1) of your team members may highlight a new product, product line, or service during our Southern Exposure Expo.
How to Submit Your Innovation Station Application
- As you register for Southern Exposure, select Innovation Station as one of your sessions.
- Once you register, you’ll be sent an application link via email for your Innovation Station.
- Review the information below and submit your application by Today, February 1, 2021. Stations are sold on a first-come, first-served basis and space is limited. Priority will be given to waitlisted companies who meet the criteria as well as companies who are interested in joining the SEPC.
- You must include your logo, one (1) high-resolution image of your product (or product family), as well as a detailed description (50 words or less).
- Companies will be notified Friday, February 5th, if the submission has been approved.
Price: $1499 (does not include individual/group registration fees)*
- Company must be a member in good standing of Southeast Produce Council
- Company is not currently exhibiting at Southern Exposure (unless prior SEPC approval)
- New product, product line, or family of items must not exceed 4 individual SKUs
- New product must have been presented to market since September of 2020 or will be launched before July of 2021 (Verification required)
Innovation Station Guidelines
- Space is limited to one (1) Innovation Station per member company. One company member allowed in station at a time (Additional associates would need to purchase individual registrations or register as part of a group registration)
- No additional signage, banners, display racks, etc. will be allowed
- Sampling is permitted per convention center policies (see exhibitor kit)
- One (1) stool will be provided at each station
- Storage space is available within the desk area of the station
*An invoice will be sent via email upon registering as well as an application link. However, if your Innovation Station is not approved, we will issue a refund.
Southern Exposure 2021 Innovation Station
Check out our FAQ section of Southern Exposure 2021 on our website. Learn how to:
- view attendee list
- modify your registration
- add/edit sessions
- substitute attendees
- add/edit group members
- use sponsor credits
We look forward to connecting with you at Southern Exposure!
Cultivating Ideas – Growing Relationships – Producing Results
Each year, the SEPC strives to curate an impactful series of industry programs and networking events for our members. The SEPC Virtual Garden is our newest platform through which we will continue to keep members abreast of the latest developments in produce—whether those are happening in the soil, in the cloud, or anywhere in between.
Through the SEPC Virtual Garden, we have begun planting the seeds from our founding pillars – Networking, Innovation, Community, and Education – so that our members will reap the benefits of harvesting quality experiences guaranteed to increase the value of their membership.
Join us in the garden for these current and upcoming SEPC Virtual Garden sessions:
Cooking in the Garden – Sponsor Chef Demos
SEPC University Educational Sessions
Produce Inspection Training
Southern Exposure 2021
In case you missed them, several of these sessions are available on demand!
The key to the success of our SEPC Virtual Garden is the community who tends it, and we are eager to serve alongside our SEPC family to see what we can grow together!