St Louis-->Fort Mandan-->Marias River-->Lemhi Pass--> Fort Clatsop-->St Louis
- Was asked to be the Commander of the Corps of Discovery
- Worked for Thomas Jefferson
- Helped lead the Corps
- Was a friend of Lewis
- Interpreted French and Native languages for the Corps.
- Whenever Lewis separated from the group, he took Drouillard with him.
- Clark's slave.
- The first black man to cross the continent north of Mexico.
- The wife of corps interpreter Charbonneau and an interpreter herself.
- Helped the corps find food and their way.
- Maps of the West were Made
- Peaceful contact with Native Americans was established
- A large quantity of scientific knowledge was acquired.
- The Great Falls of the Mississippi River had to be traveled around, which took a while.
- The expedition got lost in the Bitterroots (A range in the Rocky Mountains) and faced fatigue, frigid temperatures, and food shortage.
- Sergeant Charles Floyd died of a ruptured appendix, being the only corps member to die on the trip.
Pituophis catenifer sayi
Tools used on journey
- Jefferson Peace Medal-Used to promote peace to the Native Americans
- Pewter Buttons-Used for trading
- Lead ammunition-Used for hunting