Welcome to our Teacher Toolkit!
Everyone uses apps every day, but not always in the classroom. Yet apps can be effective and fun, provided you use the right ones. With this online Toolkit we support teachers in identifying good reading/spelling apps that help promote fluency, particularly for struggling readers. Set against the three phases in reading development, we offer a matrix that outlines the problems and approaches for each reading phase with links to good quality apps.
For those teachers who want to read up on the theory, the toolkit offers:
- Background on the three phases in reading development;
- Methods developed to improve reading fluency and:
- How and why game Apps for reading fluency help.
On a more practical level the toolkit offers:
- Videos by and for teachers on how to organise the space and how to diversify successfully in a classroom setting;
- Videos of how our team of teachers have worked with Apps as an inspiration to other teachers;
- A teacher platform to share and exchange experiences and tips on using Apps in class