The original (1975 and 1989) building has served the Burnsville community for over 40 years. The 2015 space needs assessment determined that the current location of Fire Station 1 is on a tight site leaving no room for modifications in the future to to adapt to the evolving needs of the Fire Department to provide services. In addition, the location is not ideal given the increasing demand for the Fire Department services and the current road network that requires emergency vehicles to navigate on or two uncontrolled intersections during every emergency response from Fire Station 1.
- Budget: $18,600,000
- The building will be designed to be both functional for today’s needs but forward thinking enough for future expansion.
- The building will be a model for fire fighter health and wellness.
- The building will include Administration office space, training facilities, individual bunkrooms and will serve as a backup Emergency Operations Center.
- The building will reflect our history and our city image.
- The team will use today's Green Standards to help guide decisions on sustainability, water efficiency, energy use, and material selection.