Improvement Through Market Penetration
- Demand Shifters: "Electric vehicle sales are higher than they have ever been before" (Bhuiyan, 2016)
- By the year 2022 a lower end EV will sell for the same price as that of a traditional gasoline engine and by the year 2040, EV's will account for a large portion of automotive sales in the United States (Bajpai, 2016)
- The success of launching EV's into the automotive market based off economical choice rather than a "going green revolution" (Shaffer, 2016)
- Elon Musk offering unlimited mileage warranty for select Tesla models (Pruitt, 2016)
Strategy for Improvement
- Manufacture the electric Chevrolet Ignite model which has similar features to a motocycle/moped, yet includes the comforts of a regular car. The Ignite will be available for purchase or for rent at many of our rental locations will be built within the 300 largest counties in the United States.