Killing Lincoln By, Jackson Moffett
My view over the book:
I think that if I were to recommend a book to a friend, it would be this book. The reason why I like this book is because it has the whole story in third person, it is not in the perspective of one person, because if it were in the perspective of a person they would pick and choose what they wanted to tell, and what not to tell. And that would change the whole way the reader sees people in the story.
The theme, or topic of this book is over the 90 day before and the 40 days after Abraham Lincoln was assassinated by John Wilkes Booth. It was a cool beginning, because it talks about how the confederacy lost to the Union and how Robert E. Lee surrenders to Ulysses Grant. And after it mentions the war the author moves on to talk about how the plot grew to kill the president. And it puts into detail how John Wilkes Booth crept to the president´s booth in the theater. And after the president was killed it talks about how John Wilkes Booth´s escape into the South. And it also talks about the capture of John Wilkes Booth.
Some of the characters that were in this book are listed below:
1. Abraham Lincoln - The 16th president of the United States of America. The first President to be assassinated.
2. John Wilkes Booth - And actor at Ford´s Theater. The killer of Abraham Lincoln.
3. Ulysses S. Grant - Union general. Became the 18th president of the United states of America, after Andrew Johnson.
4. Andrew Johnson - Abraham Lincoln´s vice president. The 17th president after Lincoln was assassinated.
5. Robert E. Lee - Confederate general.
6. Mary Todd Lincoln - Abraham Lincoln´s wife. First Lady of America.
7. Robert Todd Lincoln - Son of Abraham Lincoln. And Union Captain during the war.
8. Henry Rathbone - Friend of Lincoln, he was there in the president's box when Lincoln was killed. Was a Major in the Union army.
9. Clara Harris - Henry Rathbone's girlfriend. Was also in the president's box when Lincoln was killed.
10. Laura Keene - Actress, was preforming on stage when Lincoln died. Cradled Lincoln's head as he was dying.