Access to individualized counselling/coaching to build your employability and lifeskills
- Workplace communication
- Assertive communication
- Hard/Soft Skills
- Interpersonal life skills
- Identity at work
- Conflict resolution and problem solving
- Building internal/external support systems
- Self-care and wellness at work
- Goal setting and action planning for the future
- Training plans
We meet you at your pace
Developing your individual essential career skills and how they apply in the workplace
- Develop core competencies such as: numeracy, workplace computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Office, GoogleDrive, etc.)
- Cover letter, reference and resume building
- Creating an online profile
- Critical thinking and continuous learning
- Job search strategies and the hidden job market
- Interview skills and dealing with interview stress
- Professional and social networking
Maintain secure employment with the encouragement and expertise of the Job Development team by your side
- Exploring and establishing boundaries of "Being Out" at work
- How can people be their authentic selves in an organization and do it with confidence
- Legal issues and knowing your rights at work
- Educating employers
- Employer supports and maintaince of training plans
- Job coaching, employment counselling and on the job mentoring
- Continuous support
- Stress management
- Enhancing social support
My name is Shiloh
I am 2spirit, non-binary and an LGBTQ2S++ ally. I took part in the ETHOS self-employment program this year and was grateful for the support and genuine opportunity received with my coach. I hope more community members are able to work with this team to be supported and helped to find their dream jobs. I deal with many barriers in my life and felt so at ease that I was helped for who I am right from the beginning.
My name is Jonathan and this is my business partner Anna
Everyone we worked with at ETHOS was incredibly helpful in getting mine and my partner's business up and running. As members of the LGBT2S++ community, we are always very grateful to be able to work with groups who are not only open and accepting, but also passionate about helping people from all walks of life achieve their goals! Their support and assistance throughout the whole process of creating our business is something we'll never forget. Thank you to the whole ETHOS team for believing and supporting in us.
My name is Chelsea
I am a certified sexual health educator and I also work for ETHOS Career Management Group. I identify as Pansexual and am married to my incredible partner. I wish that awareness, support and workplace acceptance was around when I was a teen. I worked in places that didn't make me feel comfortable to tell my coworkers that I was queer. It's hard having to hide a part of who you are so that you can feel like you fit in. I felt like I had to be a different version of me and I really struggled with that for a few years. I ended up leaving a job because I didn't feel safe. I would do anything in my career capacity to help someone in my community feel accepted, because no one should have to lie about who they are and who they love.
Our Society is Changing - Our Workforce is changing
The workplace as we know it, is becoming one that is rapidly growing, diversifying and adapting.
Our workforces need equality, diversity, respect and change and our LGBTQ2S+ community deserves employment supports, to overcome these barriers.
QmunityWORKS aims to empower you to reach your full potential.
What happens if I have to miss a session for work, school, family emergency, or other commitments?
- Participants will be expected to inform their facilitator in advance and make arrangement for material missed
How and what do I get paid for participating?
- Each participant will receive a cheque biweekly (based on attendance)
- For each full day of participation, one will receive a stipend of $25
What happens if I don’t have the required technology to participate?
- If you do not have access, the QmunityWORKS team will work with you to help you obtain the necessary equipment
Created with images by Sara Rampazzo - "Pride 2018" • Deniz Altindas - "untitled image" • Hal Gatewood - "untitled image" • Toa Heftiba - "The invisible attendant" • Mimi Thian - "untitled image" • Alphacolor - "untitled image" • LinkedIn Sales Navigator - "untitled image" • Jon Tyson - "untitled image"