Over the weeks I will be making recipes with the Thermomix. These recipes will be judged on it's appearance, flavour, Texture and Aroma.
The recipes that will be made are:
- Vegetable soup
- Meatballs and tomato sauce
Recipe 1- Vegetable Soup
- 150g potatoes peeled and cut into 3 cm pieces
- 1 tomato cut in halves
- 40g onions also in halves
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 leek
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 1 tbs vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 300g water
- 10g butter or olive oil
- Place potatoes, onions, garlic clove, mixed vegetables, parsley, stock paste, pepper and water into a mixing bowl and cook for 25 min/100 degrees Celsius/speed 1.
- Add butter or olive oil for 1 min/ speed 5-10 gradually increasing the speed. Serve hot with an extra sprinkle of black pepper.
Recipe 2- Meatballs in tomato sauce
- 40 g bread cut into pices
- 40 g milk
- 6-12 sprigs fresh parsley leaves only
- 1 garlic clove
- 400 g beef mince
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- oil, for greasing
- 50- 80 g of brown onions cut into halves
- 30 g extra virgin olive oil
- 800 g canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- Place a small bowl on top of the mixing bowl lid and weigh in the pread and milk. Set bowl aside to soak
- Place parsley and garlic clove into the mixing bowl and chop for 5 sec/ speed 7. Scrape down sides of the mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add the beef mince, eggs, salt and black pepper. Squeeze the milk out over the bread and discard milk. Add the bread into the mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/ speed 8. Transfer into a bowl. Clean and dry the mixing bowl.
- Lightly grease Varoma dish and tray . With oiled hands, shape small meatballs approximately 4 cm and arrange them into the varoma dish and tray. Set varoma aside.
- Place garlic clove, onions and extra virgin olive oil into the mixing bowl and chop for 5 sec/ speed 5, then saute for 3 min/ 120 degrees Celsius/ speed 1.
- Add crushed tomatoes , salt and pepper. Place varoma into position and cook for 20 min/ varoma/ speed 1. Serve meatballs hot with sauce
Overall, I think the thermomix is a very good for both family and friends to use. The simplicity of it is why this is a great machine. The thermomix reduced my cooking time to a great extent, the other good benefits from this machine is that it’s small enough to fit in any kitchen. All of the recipes are great and they taste equally as good. To me I think that the thermomix is a revolution in our everyday lives, it can suit anyone from the general public to chefs. Overall I think the thermomix is a revolution in our everyday lives and I highly recommend it for anybody especially families with children because it is so easy to use and saves time and money.