Lippi was most known for his artwork...
- Focused on painting
- Artwork uniquely depicted feelings and emotions
- Influenced the works of Botticelli, Verrocchio, and Pollaiolo
- Patronized by the famed Medici family
Greatly admired for the works...
- "Coronation of the Virgin"
- "Tarquinia Madonna and Child Enthroned"
- "Barbadori Madonna in Majesty with Angels and Saints"
Lippi brought humanism, naturalism, and Perspectivism to life during his career..
Naturalism - Using light, textures, tones, and subtlety to create a natural appearance
- Developed coloring system that changed pure hues to realistic colors
- Added gradation of color tones and values
- Brought awareness to atmosphere
Humanism - Stresses the logic of the universe to challenge traditional domination of theology and emphasize the importance of humans
- Painted sacred figures, but allowed them to look closer to the ordinary human appearance
- Released intimacy of feeling to reiterate the capabilities of humans
Perspectivism - To create a 3D illusion
- Used linear perspective
- Created three-dimensional figures