Why Are we doing this ?
A local office furniture manufacturing company throws away tens of thousands of scrap ¾” hardwood cubes that result from its furniture construction processes. The material is expensive, and the scrap represents a sizable loss of profit.
What are the constraints ?
- The puzzle must be fabricated from ¾″ hardwood cubes.
- The puzzle system must contain exactly five or more puzzle parts.
- Each individual puzzle part must consist of at least 3, but no more than six hardwood cubes that are permanently attached to each other.
- No two puzzle parts can be the same.
- The puzzle parts must assemble to form your design.
- Some puzzle parts should interlock.
- The puzzle should require high school students an average of 4 minutes to solve.