Church had a daily influence on the lives of the citizens of England.
An impact of writers and authors was greatly exposed during this time, authors such as Charles Dickens, Oscar Wilde, and Thomas Hardy.
Various inventions were made including the telegraph and advancement in medicine.
Folk songs were one of the most popular forms of music during the Victorian Era.
- Reign was the rise of imperialism in Great Britain.
- Queen Victoria was banned from Hanoverian succession because of the Salic law.
- Influence promoted and expanded the British Empire.
- Growth in industry, architect (bridges, railroads), politics, and communication.
- British army fought in several wars during the reign of Victoria.
- Prevented Franco-German War by writing a convincing letter to the Emperor of Germany.
- Participated in the Second Boer War.
- Led growth of Republican movement.
- Experienced several attempts of assassination.