- After missing a game due to injury, Wilton Speight (left) was outstanding in his return, completing 23 of 36 passes for 219 yards and two touchdowns.
- Speight's clutch TD pass to Amara Darboh on fourth down helped send the game to a second overtime.
- Kenny Allen's 37-yard field goal gave Michigan a three-point lead in the second overtime, but Ohio State's narrow fourth-down conversion led to the winning 15-yard TD run on the next play.
- Michigan's defense had a season-high eight sacks as Taco Charlton led the way with a career-best 2.5.
- This was the first overtime contest in the 113-game history of the Michigan-Ohio State series.
- Kenny Allen posted a career-high 332 punting yards on seven punts (47.4 average), including three kicks downed inside the Ohio State 11-yard line.
- Attendance: 110,045 (Ohio Stadium record)