- Implemented a three-part mission in the company
- Product mission, economic mission, and social mission
- Focuses on a positive impact for society
- Person-based structure that focuses on empathy
- Values sound ethics and furthering ethical standards in the workplace
- “2015 Nelson survey showed that 66% of customers say they will pay more for a socially responsible product” (Ashoka, 2016).
- "Empower Mint"
Fair Trade Certified Partners
- Fair Trade: Farmers receive fair wages and working conditions
- By 2013 Ben & Jerry’s completely Fair Trade
- Sugar: Sourced from a variety of small farmers in Belize
- Cocoa: Purchased from farmers off of the Ivory Coast and Ghana
- Vanilla: Received from farmers in Madagascar
- Coffee: Purchased from The Hautusca Coffee Cooperative in Mexico
- Bananas: Sourced from 154 different farmers in Ecuador
Ashoka Training Program
- Employees are sent to Ashoka through the entrepreneurial program
- Mission Statement: “We recognize a new era is about to start. In this new era, empathy and change making, which Ashoka exemplifies, will equip our young people to lead this country” (Ashoka, 2017).
- Focuses on developing entrepreneurs who are ethical leaders
- Teach individuals how to lead with character and empathy to solve problems in the business world
- Story of Amos
- Leviticus 25:14-If you sell land to any of your own people or buy land from them, do not take advantage of each other.
- Hebrews 13:16-And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.
- Ethical Approach
- Social values