here is heroin in its liquid form and powder form.
- Heroin: an addictive drug derived from morphine often used as a narcotic producing euphoria.
- Its an illegal drug when you don't have a license. Slang terms for heroin is "Big H", "Dope", "Smack".
- The drug is organic its naturally occurring in opium poppy. The DEA classified it as a schedule 1 drug. It meats all the standards for schedule 1 which is : has high potential for abuse, no current accepted medical treatment, lack of accepted safety for drug or substance under medical supervision.
- Heroin comes in different forms and colors. White, black, brown and they can come in different size bags.
- Heroin is used in a negative way people use it to get high off of its euphoria effects on people and it can be very addictive. They can snort it, injected, and smoked.
- Heroin was first used in America and Britain at the end of the 19th century. A guy named It was used for medical and recreational purposes.
addiction: the condition of being addicted to a substance
- Yes, heroin is a very addictive drug. Fatal, if you overdose or get a disease from the needle you use or poke a vein too much. You build up a tolerance for a certain amount.
- A "rush" which is a strong increase in euphoric feelings
- Reduced sensation of pain
- Decrease in sexual drive
- Sleeping Problems
- Decreased dental health/ damaged teeth/ and gum swelling
- Excoriating skin from scratching
- Severe constipation
- Weakness and sedation
- The opiod receptors in your brain on the brain stem.
- 9.2 million people in the world use heroin
- Opiates, mainly heroin, is responsible for 18% of the people who go into drug and alcohol treatment in U.S
- Deon was a heroin addict. He tried to get off heroin himself and stop after the 1st try. But, he liked the feeling and got hooked. After awhile he "needed" heroin to feel normal and when he didnt have it he would be sick. He went to jail and after got into a program that he's going to get better. He's on methadone and his grandson gives him faith that he'll be 100% better.
- Communities are affected by individual actions because it spreads through everyone does it or knows. The society can respond to problems that arise from increased rug abuse by raising more awareness about drug abuse.
works cited : https://easyread.drugabuse.gov