Supporter Spotlight: Gary Ludema
When Gary Ludema visited his financial advisor prior to retirement he thought he was just going in for a check-up. After a long career, the Amway engineer knew he had worked hard and had been greatly blessed, but he didn’t have a specific answer when his advisor asked him what he planned to “do” next.
“That’s when he asked me if I had heard about Habitat,” said Gary.
Your Impact at a Glance
Since July 1, 2019...
- 10 families (including 15 adults and 22 children) became homeowners
- 25 families (including 44 adults and 54 children) are preparing to buy their homes by completing sweat equity hours, taking readiness classes, and saving down payments
- 25 homes are under construction for affordable homeownership for local families
- 2,679 community volunteers have donated their time
- 532 community financial supporters have donated dollars