Matter- the substance or substances that make up any phycail matter or comopotion
atom- a basic unit of a chemical element.
element- a substance that can not be broken down by a chemically
An atom is a form of mesure for elements that has positive and negtavie charges inside an element according to the element mass.
compound-two substances that are chemically combined and can not be sepeated back.
mixture- two or more substanes that are mixed togather and at any time be separated back in to there ornginal substances.
The difference between a compound and a mixture is a compound is chemically combined and can not be separted back where a mixture can be separated back in to its orginal substances.
Physical properties- proprtey that can be measured and the describes the physical system .EX. Color, Size,Texture
Chemical properties- property or behaiver of a substance.EX. Flammaibilty, Toxicity
D= Density G=Grams mL=Mililiters D=G/mL
Physical and Chemical Change
Phsical Change- a change to a substance that dose not change or effect there chemical composition
- Breaking substance in to smaller pieces
- Foldding the substance in two
- Painting the substance
1. This goes with example number 1
2.This picture goes with example number 2
3. This picture goes with example number 3
Chemical Change- a change to a substance that results in to a forming of a new substance
- Burning a substances
- Mixing acid and base
- The rusting of a substance
1. This is an example of number one. burning wood
2. This is a example of number 2 by preforming a chemical reaction.
3. this is a example of nimber3 by showing a rusting piece of chan
Kinetic Theory- a theory that explanes the physical properties of a substances matter in terms of motion.
- Solid- the solid in this picture is the ice cubes in the glass of cola.
- Liquid- the cola in the glass is a form of liquid.
- Gas- the gas in this this picture is the fizz coming of the cola.
Temperature- the degree on how hot or cold something is.
Thermal energy- the energy of something cause of heat.
Changes in states of matter
Evaporation- the process of liquid turning into a gas
Sublimation- the process of a solid turning into a gas
Condensation- the process of a gas turning into a liquid
Conservation of mass and Energy
Conservation of mass and energy- a law that states on how energy can not be created or destroyed because its energy.