1. Should people have the right to rebel against their government?
1. People should have the right to rebel against their own government, but only with good reason and if something happened that was against law or unfair or unjust to the people of that government.
2. What are the causes of rebellions against government?
2. An example would be the civil war where the north and south went against each other, because of slavery. The north half believed that slavery should be abolished, while the south half believed that slavery was a great way to get things done without having to break a sweat. So then Abraham Lincoln created the Emancipation Proclamation, which said that the slaves be set free if the Union, or the north half, won the war. So then it lead to the civil war, which brought violence and many people died.
3. What is rebellion?
3. Rebellion is an effort by many people to change the government or leader of a country by the use of protest or violence.
What would George Washington think?
I think he would think that people rebel because the government is unfair and the ruler or the one in charge of everything and everyone have made unfair laws.
Cause: Why did the colonies try to break away from Britain? Because they didn't want to be taxed anymore. Effect: Why did the British raise the taxes on tea, paper, etc.? Because they need the money to pay back debt from a war.
The Hessians surrending after the Battle of Trenton to George Washington. It was published 1850.