- born in Alaska on January 6th 1956 (52)
- Host & producer for Independent Native News
- Published The Smell of Other People's Houses on February 23, 2016
About The Book
- 1970's in Fairbanks, Alaska
- Ruth - Her father passed away when she was 5 years old, her mother then left Ruth and her sister Lily with her grandmother. Ruth is supposed to be Catholic but she does not follow the religion, instead Ruth goes and parties with boys all night.
Ruth is trying to deal with having to live with her grandmother instead of her parents, she is trying to find her inner self but getting tangled up in boys and drinking and not staying pure to her catholic religion. Which isnt exactly setting a great example for her little sister Lily.
Authors Writing style
I like how each chapter is about a different even or even about a different person, it keeps the story alive.
So far i like everything about the book.
I like how as soon as you start even the prologue it pulls you in and so many things are happening, so far its really a hard to book to be bored while reading.