- The animal that I researched is the White-Tailed Deer It is a common animal.
- The white tailed deer is the smallest members of the north american deer family
- Deer usally prefer, croplands, brushlands and pasturelands. They prefer an habitat including meadows, forested woodlots, brushy areas and croplands
- A scientific name for the deer is Odocoileus virginianus
- The white tailed deer is classified in different groups, the Domain-Eureka, Kingdom-Animal, Phylum-Chordta, Class-Mammalia, Family- Cerdivae, Species.
- About 100 million years ago was when its first appearance was.
In this picture you can see the white tail on the deer
- Their closest relatives are Mule Deer, Moose, Elk, and Caribou.
- They are not the super same but they still have some similatries
- Their percent that they are related is 55 %.
- It shows evidence for evolution because animals are related and you can tell from DNA.
They all pretty much look the same besides their size and their antlers
- Two other organsims that are like the deer are Elk and Caribou.
- They all look the same besides their size and weight.
The deer has the same function as a bat. They both use their shoulder blades but in different ways. The deer uses its shoulder blade to run and the bat uses it fly. The sea lion also has the same bone but different function they use it to swim
The bat has the same bone as the deer the shoulder blade they use them in different ways the bat uses it to fly and the deer uses it to run. The sea lion, and the deer also has the same bone but different function. The sea lion uses it swim.
The sea lion has the same bone as the deer the shoulder blade they use them in different ways the sea lion uses it to fly and the deer uses it to run. The bat and deer also has the same bone but different function. The bat uses it to fly
Homologous structures: it's when very different animals have bones that appear very similar in form or function and seem to be related. It shows evidence for evolution because there are structures that the animals inherit from their ancestor
- One of the extinct species is the Irish Elk who is believed to be very closely related to the White tailed Deer
- It is very closely related and they look kinda alike.
This is the Irish elk, the Irish elk got extinct and the we found a couple different species of deer .
- A transitional fossil is any fossilized remains of a life form that exhibits traits common to both an ancestral group and its derived descendant group.
- They show evidence for evolution because as the years go on their body and fossils change.
In the first stage which is the embryo the deer is at 60 days of life, In the middle the deer is at 120 days and the largest one is at 180 days and then they get bigger from there. This provides evidence for evolution because at the beggining we all had similar genes and we could not tell which on was which all we knew was that we were all going to have a a head a tail a backbone etc.
This is the human embryo. at the first stage you really could not tell a difference.