Using ecstasy causes an increased craving for sexual interaction, leading to many cases of rape. This is connected to the fact that the use of ecstasy is illegal. This drug is often called the gang rape drug because of this. Emotional outbursts can also occur, causing one to damage relationships, leading to a lonely life.
Ecstasy, like most harmful drugs, has a negative impact on relationships in that addiction can lead to withdraw from contact with one's family. The symptoms alone can ruin relationships, as a rise in body temperature, blurred vision, and nausea can cause frequent outbreaks.
If one is addicted or a frequent user of ecstasy, all hope is not lost. The Drug Abuse Hotline, CRC Health, and group therapy sessions can all help with addiction, and lead to the path of recovery.
- Ecstasy- an addictive party drug that severely distorts perception and can lead to unreasonable actions and/or decisions
- Slang terms- "Molly, MDMA, XTC, Candy, Dancing shoes, love drug, scooby snacks"
- High- the feeling one gets after taking ecstasy pills and experiencing the effect
- Gang Rape Drug- the name often associated with ecstasy because of the commonality of rape after use of this drug
- Addiction- a constant need and craving for a drug or other substance
- Rehabilitation-the act of ending an addiction to drugs (ecstasy) and the attempt to be restored to a life of normal health
Current Event- (April 21, 2017) "www.EyeWitnessNews.com": Union city police find over 700 ecstasy pills in midnight traffic stop...2 of the accused individuals are facing drug charges. The 748 pills that were found weighed 4.6 ounces.