Performance Software Engineer
The 3D&I team at Adobe is looking for a seasoned Performance Engineer that will be responsible for the following:
- Profile desktop applications and components/API for performances bottleneck and create a detailed report pointing at the specific classes and functions causing problems
- Implement an efficient set of performance tests to validate applications and components API at each commit in our CI infrastructure
- Set up a scalable performance test framework to write new performance tests
- Handle performance tickets in Jira (file tickets, validate tickets filed by others, verify fixes)
- Plot and manage output data from performance metrics and test output results in our report server
The position requires mandatory knowledge of profiling tools on windows, OSX, and Linux. Proven experience in profiling applications, components, and API for slow down, bottlenecks, and other causes for slow execution, waste of resources, and/or unresponsive UI. The position is very prominent and will be the key for our current and future releases for the 3D&I products.
About Adobe 3D&I: Substance is the leader in 3D texture and material creation technologies. More than 250,000 monthly users in the domains of games and entertainment, film and VFX, architecture, and design rely on award-winning Substance texture and material authoring software for developing the next generation of digital content.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- At least 5 years of Python and C++ experience, writing performance tests and automation tools
- Deep knowledge of performance testing methodologies and implementation for desktop applications and API/components
- Deep knowledge of profiling tools (Visual Studio, XCode Profiler and similar)
- Knowledge of performance testing tools (Google tests, Catch2, Tracy)
- Ability to create a performance test suite to evaluate applications made in Electron, QT and Selenium frameworks
- Experience with testing methodologies, API testing, and front-end testing for desktop applications; knowledge of web applications is nice to have
- Self-motivated and able to work in autonomy; able to start immediately
- Knowledge of 3D API and applications/engines performance testing is a big plus
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent. 3+ Years of Experience profiling desktop applications, API, and components.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com