Laugh often, dream big, reach for the stars!
Check out our learning...
Tips for 2nd Grade Success:
- Read every night for at least 15 minutes.
- Discuss the books you read & what you learned at school with your family.
- Practice your spelling words to help you be successful on your weekly tests.
- Practice your addition & subtraction math facts until you know them quickly.
- Write notes, letters, and stories at home.
- Get a good nights sleep every night.
- Wash your hands before you eat.
- Eat a healthy breakfast.
- Come to school each day, on time, and ready to learn.
- May Book Order Due: Monday, May 8th (Class Code- GY2D2)
- Monet Family Art Night: Wednesday, May 10th from 6-7pm at the Elementary School library
- Memorial Break: Friday, May 26th and Monday, May 29th- No school for students!
- Reminder- We DO have school on Tuesday, May 30th!
- 2nd Grade Field Day: Friday, June 9th
Click the link below for the BCES Calendar:
Please check your email on Mondays to find pretests and your child's Star Folder for a paper list. Please have your child practice their words each night until he or she can spell them all.
Rambler Red Homework
I will text a small homework assignment to you for the kids to complete sometime during the week and return to school when it's done. When they complete the assignment, they will receive a red bead for their Brag Tag necklaces. This is not required- it is a way for kids to share with you something we are working on in school and a way to earn another bead for their necklaces (which they get really excited about).
- Please remember to call the office if your child will be late for school or absent for the day. You can also message me and I can pass it along to Mrs. Ryder.
- Don't forget to check your child's STAR Folder each night- there are many times I send paperwork home during the week. If your child is absent from school, there may be homework for them to complete and bring back the next day. Thank you for helping them with this! Also, please be sure that they have their STAR Folder with them every day.
- Please remember to check out your child's SeeSaw posts. They love getting comments from you.
Using the green screen to share our writing.
Congrats to Ariel for passing her subtraction facts!
Congrats to our Rambler Cup winner, Isabella!
231-439-8299 - Attendance line
Please call anytime your child is absent.