STEP ONE: ONLINE
You can share the post below on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram with a photo of yourself or the poster (above). Don't forget to tag @lslsexualhealth so we can re-share your tweets.
Peace of mind is just a prick away. This #HIVTestingWeek, order your free HIV test at lsl.shl.uk @lslsexualhealth #PeaceOfMindHIV
STEP TWO: COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
We need your support to get the message out there to Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham residents. Share the messages below that we've also translated into French, Arabic, Urdu, Portuguese and Spanish – whether that's on WhatsApp or in any other networks you're in.
A HIV test can give you peace of mind. This #HIVTestWeek, get your free HIV test. Order your test now at lsl.shl.uk @lslsexualhealth #PeaceOfMindHIV
Never had a HIV test? Now is a great time. Even if you are married, with a partner or not been with anyone for a long time, you can order a free test online at lsl.shl.uk. Send this to 5 people you know!
Listen to what Ninma has to say about getting a HIV test over on http://lsl.shl.uk this #HIVTestingWeek2021 https://fb.watch/3nBm56GPSX/ #PeaceOfMindHIV
Un test de dépistage du VIH peut vous donner la tranquillité d'esprit. Cette #HIVTestWeek, obtenez votre test VIH gratuit. Commandez votre test maintenant sur lsl.shl.uk @lslsexualhealth #PeaceOfMindHIV
يمكن أن يمنحك اختبار فيروس نقص المناعة البشرية راحة البال. في #HIVTestWeek هذا ، احصل على اختبار فيروس نقص
المناعة البشرية المجاني. اطلب اختبارك الآن على lsl.shl.uklsexualhealth #PeaceOfMindHIV
Una prueba de VIH puede darle tranquilidad. Esta #HIVTestWeek, obtenga tu prueba de VIH gratis. Ordena tu prueba ahora en lsl.shl.uk @lslsexualhealth #PeaceOfMindHIV Envía esto a 5 personas que conoces.
Um teste de HIV pode lhe dar paz de espírito. Nesta #HIVTestWeek, faça seu teste de HIV grátis. Solicite seu teste agora em lsl.shl.uk @lslsexualhealth #PeaceOfMindHIV
ایچ آئی وی ٹیسٹ سے آپ کو ذہنی سکون مل سکتا ہے۔ یہ # HIVTestWeek ، مفت HIV ٹیسٹ کروائیں۔ lsl.shl.uklslsexualhealth #PeaceOfMindHIV پر ابھی اپنے ٹیسٹ کا آرڈر دیں
Step Three: print a poster
If you're feeling adventurous, you can help us take the message offline. First, print out one of the posters above. Then, put them up somewhere visible in your local area like outside your window or in a shop noticeboard, but make sure you have permission to do so!
DID YOU KNOW?
- London is the first city in the world to diagnose, treat and virally suppress 97% of people living with HIV. However, inequalities persist. The London boroughs of Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham have the highest rates of HIV in England. 8,700 people across the three boroughs have tested positive for HIV. In the London borough of Lewisham, heterosexual contact is the most common exposure type (54%) of those diagnosed with HIV.
- As a result of a combination of prevention methods among gay and bisexual men, 2019 saw a fall of 18% in HIV diagnoses in that demographic in one year and 47% compared to 2014 – especially in London, where new diagnoses decreased by 54% in these five years. Diagnoses in women however only declined by 4% in the past year. Women account for 28% of new diagnoses in 2019.
- After 6 months with an undetectable viral load the chances of passing HIV on to someone else are very low. If you test negative, you have more prevention tools available today to prevent HIV than ever before.
- A person living with HIV and on antiretroviral therapy (known as ART) can achieve an undetectable viral load which means that they cannot transmit the virus to their sexual partner. U=U means "Undetectable = Untransmittable."
- If you are pregnant, you should be tested for HIV so that you can begin treatment if you're HIV-positive. If an HIV-positive woman is treated for HIV early in her pregnancy, the risk of transmitting HIV to her baby can be very low.
About the Love, Sex, Life Partnership
Love, Sex, Life LSL is a Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) partnership committed to delivering high quality, culturally sensitive sexual health services and education for BAME people across Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham. We create safe and accessible sexual and reproductive healthcare; we tackle stigmas and taboos; and promote culturally sensitive services.
We want a future where equity in Sexual and Reproductive Health is realised for all members of our community, who feel empowered to engage and proactively access services that are right for them. The service was commissioned by the Lambeth, Southwark, and Lewisham boroughs and is led by Brook, Shape History, NAZ and the Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust. You can read more about our sexual health strategy here.
*figures based on 4th generation serology test