Chelsea's Schedule for the Week:
Monday - Off Campus for Team PLN
Tuesday - Reading JH
Wednesday - George Ranch HS
Thursday - Ryon MS
Friday - George Ranch HS
Tech-Tac-Toe Round 1
The Tech-Tac-Toe Challenge is an opportunity for teachers to "spice" up their instruction during these last few months of school. We all know, as the end draws near, how difficult it can be to teach content while keeping students engaged. This challenge aims to help you with that.
What do I need to do?
1. Create your page in the OneNote Notebook (instructions below)
2. For each round, pick at least 3 strategies you would like to implement. The strategies do not have the make a straight line…pick any 3 you like! You will have 2 weeks to complete 3 strategies.
3. For each strategy you try, snap a photo of students working on the strategy/activity.
4. Upload the photo to your page.
For every 3 strategies you try and document, your name will be placed in a drawing.
Ready to get started? Click the button below!
While away at the National Science Teachers Association Conference last week, I found some great ideas! This one is a free printable flash card maker where you or your students can make your own flash cards and study aids all in an easy-to-print pdf. All you have to do is print, cut, fold and study!
Add your words, definitions, pictures, etc. (Students can very easily make their own) This is a great resource for ELLs, since they can be used in so many different ways. You can also import words and definitions if you already have words/definitions in Word or Excel.
3 Ways to use the printed cards:
- Give students only the word and have them write or illustrate on the back.
- Cut apart the word and definition and have students play a matching game.
- Give students both sides for studying.
Missing Document Last Week
Last week I shared with you all a resource that allows students to write and create their own "Choose Your Own Adventure," in PowerPoint, but forgot to include the attachment. Click the button below to access the PowerPoint template.