"Who knows where the Rhine goes?"
Well, in this case, it meanders through 50 years of folk rock history, taking in the spectacular scenery along one of the most attractive rivers in Europe, on an exclusive cruise hosted by none other than Fairport Convention. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to enjoy ‘up close and personal’ the many and varied talents of Simon, Peggy, Gerry, Chris and Ric, and they are as excited as we are about the 5 evenings of on board entertainment being planned.
There will be songs old and new from the Fairports of course, but so much more as well aboard the newest addition to the Amadeus Fleet ~ The MS Amadeus Imperial. Your luxurious floating home from home. With only 150 guests on board, you really don't want to miss this once in a lifetime opportunity....
Amsterdam - Basel 16th - 23rd June 2020
Experience the Amadeus difference.... A family run company with a focus on 're-inventing river cruising'
Enjoy an unforgettable Music filled 7 night cruise from Amsterdam to Basel. How about a Beatles singalong, or even getting up to do a Beatles karaoke with the Fairports as your backing band? Wouldn’t that be a video to impress friends and embarrass the grand children!
Peggy is threatening to tell a few tales which couldn’t be included in his recent book ‘Off the Pegg’, and Gerry might teach you how to play the cajon, whilst Ric and Chris are planning solo and duo sets. And…. who could have expected this …. a couple of band members would like to demonstrate their abilities in performing magic tricks and stand-up comedy!
Read on for more info.....
First Class Service
Aboard Amadeus Imperial you will find that hospitality is more than just a tradition, it is a passion – a passion you will experience in every detail, from beautifully-appointed surroundings and gourmet dining selections to the enthusiastic professionalism of those taking care of you. With a staff and crew trained to the highest standards of service, the ambience onboard is friendly, welcoming and relaxed, perfectly designed to make you feel right at home in the heart of Europe.
The Finest way to travel
City, countryside, river and so much more! Enter a world of wonderful contrasts, of bustling cities that turn into dreamy, romantic villages and cultural landmarks that make way for impressive natural wonders.
Just breathe deeply, enjoy, discover. Experience a new sensation every day as you relax. Learn about foreign cultures and make new friendships. Or sit back and admire the fabulous panorama as you float past. And with all this rich variety one thing remains the same, the warm welcome you will receive from the AMADEUS family the moment you step on board.
Exploring on land
A river cruise offers you what is probably the most comfortable way to discover new countries, cultures and people and with an optional shore excursion in every port of call, you'll be spoilt for choice. You can, for example, enjoy wine tasting in Cochem, visit the vibrant cities of Amsterdam, Cologne and Koblenz, marvel at the dreamy impressive views of the Moselle Valley or linger in the wine houses and garden taverns on the Drosselgasse in the heart of the old town of Rüdesheim. Whatever you decide, all the excursions are unique and are sure to be unforgettable!
Amadeus have almost turned their distinctive Austrian hospitality, which underpins all their cruises, into an exclusive trademark. Allow yourself to be thoroughly spoilt by the attentive crew, who will do their best to serve you with what you want before you’ve even asked for it!
Cultural & Culinary Delights
On an Amadeus river cruise your taste buds go on a voyage of discovery too, ensuring you enjoy the region’s culinary delights as well as its scenic delights.
Get the day off to a good start by tackling the magnificent breakfast buffet in the elegant Panorama-Restaurant. For lunch there’s the choice between varied menus and buffet specialties in the restaurant. In the afternoon experienced patissiers produce exquisite desserts each day and spoil you with lovingly prepared cakes and pastries to go with your tea or coffee. Carefully composed evening 5-course menus provide the taste buds with all sort of surprises, serving regional specialties of the areas visited.
Specific dietary requirements always catered for
- DAY 1 - EMBARKATION – AMSTERDAM
- This afternoon, embark the vessel and get settled into your cabin. During the evening, enjoy a Welcome Cocktail, followed by a specially-prepared Welcome Dinner.
- Afterwards enjoy meeting your fellow sailors and the band in the Lounge
- DAY 2: AMSTERDAM - HOORN
- Begin your exploration with a relaxing cruise through a myriad of landscapes along the Rhine river. For more active pursuits, spend the morning exploring the canal city of Amsterdam and the surrounding countryside, rejoing the vessel in the town of Hoorn.
- Optional Excursion - Amsterdam City tour with canal trip
- This evening join your fellow travellers for a delicious dinner followed by entertainment in the lounge
- DAY 3 - COLOGNE
- After lunch, view our arrival into the beautiful city of Cologne. Every year visitors from all over the world are drawn to the historical city and its 2000-year history. Explore the historic Old Town, visit the famous twin-spired Cologne Cathedral, or perhaps sample some of the famous Kölsch beer brewed in Cologne. There are many medieval houses, bridges, and gates that will delight the historian in you, while the more modern skyscrapers that tower overhead are sure to impress. After an exciting day, we return to the ship and make our way south.
- Optional - Cologne Walking Tour
- After dinner join Fairport in the lounge for the evening's entertainment
- DAY 4 - COCHEM
- Today our Ship takes a special trip down the romantic Moselle river, the largest tributary of the Rhine, and anchors at the old town of Cochem. The scenery in the Moselle Valley has been dominated by vineyards for millennia. Cochem itself has narrow streets, twisting alleys and medieval town gates, churches and walls. Discover the beauty of Cochem and perhaps sample some of the Riesling wines produced in this region. This evening we set off towards Koblenz.
- Optional Cochem Walking tour with wine tasting
- DAY 5 - KOBLENZ - RÚDESHEIM
- This morning arrive in Koblenz, ideally situated at the confluence of the Rhine and the Moselle rivers. The Romans, the Franks, the Holy Roman Empire, the French, and the Germans have all had a hand in this strategic city’s 2000 year history. St. Castor Basilica, the Church of our Beloved Lady, and the Emperor Kaiser Wilhelm’s memorial at the German Corner, are just a few of the sites which reflect the history of the area.
- Optional Koblenz walking tour
- This afternoon, spend time on deck as we cruise the most beautiful section of the river – the legendary Upper Middle Rhine Valley. Late this afternoon, the vessel arrives in Rüdesheim, a winemaking town in the Rhine Gorge. Discover the region’s rich history of winemaking - perhaps visit the local museum -a great place to start.
- Optional Rüdesheim walking tour, including music cabinet museum tour
- Back onboard your crew awaits with a delicious dinner.
- This evening Join the guys in the lounge for more music and fun
- DAY 6 - MANNHEIM - SPEYER
- After breakfast, explore the bustling metropolis of Mannheim. This unique city has many sights to see including the University of Mannheim, the National Theater Mannheim, and St. Sebastian’s Church. It is also home to Luisenpark, one of the most beautiful parks in all of Germany. Nearby Heidelberg is another old university city which is also a worthwhile visit. This afternoon’s call is at Speyer, a city known for its Cathedral where eight Roman Emperors and German Kings are interred. The Old Town Gate, Memorial Church, and Transportation Museum are all highlights of this beautiful city.
- Optional Excursion to Heidelberg & Speyer walking tour
- Return to the ship for another delicious meal.
- Entertainment in the lounge
- DAY 7 - STRASBOURG
- This morning we arrive in the dynamic capital of Alsace. This beautiful city’s sights include the famous cathedral Strasbourg Münster and the Petite France quarter, a former mill and tanner district that still maintains its medieval charm. Half-timbered houses, the Ponts Couverts, the Palais de Rohan, the Council of Europe are among the wonders that Strasbourg holds in store for you. The Grand Island, the city center, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is connected to the rest of the city by 22 stone bridges. After lunch onboard, take in the sites of the romantic Rhine as we move towards Switzerland, our final destination.
- Optional morning city tour of Strasbourg
- Enjoy a relaxed evening as we glide down river to Basel.
- DAY 8 - BASEL
- After another delicious breakfast we disembark in Basel and head for the Airport. Options available to extend your stay in Switzerland if you wish.
Prices....valid until 31.7.19
- Suite - Walk out exterior balcony Mozart Deck 284 sq.ft £2699pp
- Cat A1 - Drop down panoramic window Mozart Deck 188 sq.ft £2199pp
- Cat B1 - Drop down panoramic window Strauss Deck 188 sq.ft £1979pp
- Cat B4 - Drop down panoramic window Strauss Deck 188sq.ft £1799pp (SOLD OUT)
- Cat C1 - Fixed panoramic window Haydn Deck 172 sq.ft £1499pp
- Cat C4 - Fixed panoramic window Haydn Deck 172sq.ft £1399pp (SOLD OUT)
- Single Occupancy B1 - Strauss Deck - £2989
- Single Occupancy C1 - Haydn Deck - £2249
Prices....valid from 01.08.19
- Suite - Walk out exterior balcony Mozart Deck 284 sq.ft £2949pp
- Cat A1 - Drop down panoramic window Mozart Deck 188 sq.ft £2449pp
- Cat B1 - Drop down panoramic window Strauss Deck 188 sq.ft £2229pp
- Cat B4 - Drop down panoramic window Strauss Deck 188sq.ft £2049pp (SOLD OUT)
- Cat C1 - Fixed panoramic window Haydn Deck 172 sq.ft £1749pp
- Cat C4 - Fixed panoramic window Haydn Deck 172sq.ft £1649pp (SOLD OUT)
- Single Occupancy B1 - Strauss Deck - £3239
- Single Occupancy C1 - Haydn Deck - £2499
- Large, outside river-view staterooms, most with French balconies (wall to wall drop down window) or walk-out balconies
- Free-flowing red & white wines from Europe’s famous wine regions, beer & soft drinks with every lunch and dinner on board
- Gourmet dining every night
- Services of an experienced English-speaking onboard Cruise Director
- 24 hour coffee station
- 5 nights of programmed entertainment (1st and last night will be impromptu)
- Bottled water in every stateroom
- In-stateroom infotainment center
- Complimentary Wi-Fi onboard
- Complimentary use of onboard bicycles
- Complimentary state-of-the-art audio headsets for optional excursions
- All local taxes & port charges included
- Optional Excursion Package available (please ask for details)
- Airport transfer to/from ship on 16/06/20 & 23/06/20
Flights to Amsterdam and from Basel not included. This gives you the flexibility to travel pre/post cruise if you wish and from the airport of your choice. We are happy to assist with flight bookings as well as pre/post cruise stays.
Expect "Fairport Unconventional" – a rare, unique opportunity for a maximum of 150 fans to share a wonderful experience and generate some magical memories with five of the nicest icons of British music history. Dress Code throughout will be smart casual / No Formal Nights.
Let’s Meet on the Amadeus!
For Bookings & Enquiries contact Andy on 01254 476075 or Angela on 01254 445050