ROTARY FOUR WAY TEST
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and better friendships?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
VISITORS / GUESTS
We were light on visitors, but were blessed to have our Student of the Month Priya Dudhat from Germantown Academy and her teacher Yvette Murchese.
Dick Target was happy to announce the upcoming Veteran's Day event in Lower Gwynedd this coming Saturday.
Of course Steve Bass was happy to talk about trees! Come out November 8
Liz Kunzier was happy to announce that her daughter had a baby boy! Go granny!
Peter let us all know that his son's soccer team was playing in the State Qtr Finals
Eric was not so happy to settle up on a bet he had with Geoff Ries due to Wake Forest losing to Syracuse
Nov 10 - District Grant Training at Montco (730a - 115p) - sent email to everyone. Currently Eric is registered
REGISTER FOR THE DISTRICT 7430 CONFERENCE- MAY 3-MAY 5, 2019. RENAISSANCE HOTEL AND SYMPHONY HALL - Allentown, PA. The Club will reimburse you for your registration fees AFTER you attend.
Holiday Dinner - updates coming soon
The Board has received three applications for membership:
- Steve Lehman with Wells Fargo Advisors. Steve has been in the Ambler Community for over 20 years and has three children in the Wissahickon school district. He is very involved in the community through the Wissahickon Lacrosse program where is coaches as well as serving as a Deacon and being on the Finance Committee at his church. Steve is sponsored by Clint Ehlers.
- Mark Michaels with Lockheed Martin. Mark has lived in the Ambler Community for over 10 years and like Steve, is actively involved in the Wissahickon sports community, volunteering and coaching with WRA, Wisslax, LG Baseball and WAC. Mark is sponsored by Clint Ehlers.
- Jen Sweeney, Community Ambulance Association of Ambler. Jen is sponsored by Jim Auch
CLUB HELP NEEDED
Arlene Daniels has done a wonderful job this past year reaching out to everyone and getting them scheduled for the different lunch tasks (greeters, prayer, etc). A complete list of weekly duties/schedule is always included in this weekly newsletter below which remains online. So please check it frequently if you are unsure if you are scheduled to serve.
And....as you all know, I have been SLOW in getting out the newsletters each week. We are looking for someone to volunteer taking this over. If you have an interest and are computer minded, reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss further.
MEMBERSHIP DRIVE CONTEST!
To encourage everyone to bring in new members, we are launching a contest where the winner will receive a Paul Harris Fellowship.
- Bring a guest to lunch - 5 points for the first lunch, 10 points for 2nd visit and 25 points for 3rd visit
- Double points for Wed Evening meeting!
- Membership application - 100 points
CURRENT POINT LEADERS
- Clint Ehlers - 230
- Paul Kelly - 100
- Jim Auch - 10
- Sam Swansen - 5
- Peter Urban - 5
- Walt West - 5
- Leigh DeTato - 5
Whoever has the most points by May 30, 2019 will receive a Paul Harris Fellowship!
Clint posed a BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal) to the club to have 100 members by the time the club turns 100 years old in 2025. That gives us just 7 years to grow our club
Student of the Month Caityln O'Malley from Gwynedd Mercy Academy did not disappoint! A very long and impressive resume of accomplishments. I was so amazed that I forgot to write anything down. Captain Obvious was obviously impressed.