ROTARY FOUR WAY TEST
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and better friendships?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Eric Faddis happy about avoiding the first Nor Easter when he left for North Carolina where he and his wife watched the bad weather they missed: - )
Leigh thanked everyone for their contributions to the Food Cupboard drive. There is still time to make a donation. The food cupboard is also taking donations of fresh or frozen hams you can drop them off to the food cupboard.
Skip Urban Happy about the birth of his 2nd granddaughter. Peter and his wife welcomed Meredith Eileen.
Norma Hall from Glenside Rotary Happy to be here and also moving in June to North Carolina.
VISITORS / GUESTS
Assistant District Governor Mike Seidner
VisitingRotarian Tim Kelly from Indiana
Visiting Rotarian Norma Hall - President of the Glenside Club
Matt Diemilla - guest of Dick Target
APRIL 21: CASINO NIGHT - Please remember to invite two guests (not Rotarians) to this night of fun and debauchery.
- Silent Auction items are needed! Baskets of cheer are great (no old booze from the basement).
- Please visit your local businesses/restaurants for donations. See Lucy for a donation letter.
- Ad sales are somewhat slow! Please get your personal or business ads in SOON to Dick Target or Clint Ehlers, along with your checks. ALSO - please reach out to other business owners in your network to entice them to run an ad as well. This is a BIG part of our fund raising for the night.
- All ad copy/layouts are due by March 31st. If you need help with your layout, then PLEASE get them in earlier so we have time to work on them.
APRIL 27-29: District Conference – Visiting Blue Bell Rotarian Bruce Dearnly gave a District plea for all of us to attend the upcoming District conference being held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Wyomissing. You can register for the event by following this link: www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-rotary-district-7430-conference-registration-31170115655. Please remember that the Ambler Rotary Club will reimburse you the registration costs. Yes, this is a bribe. Clint and Paul don't want to be the only ones drinking at the bar and telling stories.
May 1st: Wordsworth tree planting is on May 1st and May 5th. The Board voted to purchase $1000 of trees for these upcoming events. Please see Steve Bass to purchase sponsorship's of these trees. If you would like to make a contribution towards this minimum is $10.00 and you will receive a special certificate.
Steve Bass reported on Interact Club events – May 1st year end party at 11:00 am
DUE TO THE PENDING WEATHER, LUNCH FOR 3/21 HAS BEEN CANCELLED
OLD ANNOUNCEMENTS WORTH REPEATING
Due to a conflict with the Rotary International Convention, Club Changeover Dinner has been rescheduled for July 11.
POTENTIAL NEW MEMBERS
We have received two applications for membership from the following individuals:
- Matthew D'Emilio, former Rotarian from the Churchill Rotary, former Asst. District Governor, 2X Club President. He is sponsored by Dick Target and Steve Paccione and currently works at Carnegie Mellon University and is a Director in the University Contracts Office.
- Peter Urban is sponsored by his dad Skip and is a Funeral Director at Urban Funeral Home.
Alicia Fergus, Project manager for LiveStrong at Indian valley YMCA was our guest speaker. Alicia was introduced to the club by Joe "The Murph" Murphy.
- Alicia has worked for the YMCA since 2003, she has a degree in Physical Therapy. She was invited to speak today by Joe Murphy, fellow Rotarian and LiveStrong participant.
- LiveStrong started in 2008 when the YMCA of the USA partnered with LiveStrong
- Lance Armstrong wanted to start a fitness program for cancer survivors.
- The program operates in 638 sites including the Indian Valley YMCA and the Ambler YMCA.
- More than 50,000 survivors have participated since 2008 - Indian Valley’s program graduated 120 survivors since its inception.
- Evidenced based program which is FREE to participants and led by trained Y staff and volunteers.
- Program meets 2 x per week for 12 weeks and participants receive a FREE membership to the YMCA for 3 months.
- Participants receive pre and post testing and a program tailored to their individual needs.
- Program includes: Nutrition, yoga, meditation, Balance, strength and an intro to Spin
- At the end of 12 weeks participants will receive an independent program they can do on their own.