Culture and Social Makeup: - Most people were not education
- Most men went into the labor force at age 16.
Believed that hard work, likability, and blind faith in the American Dream would allow you to progress in life, rather than actually gaining knowledge.
- A Family Household, as described by the census, is a husband and wife, with one or more children.
- By 1940, 90% of families in the U.S were families which reflects the standards and conformity of the American Population to the “white picket fence house” stereotypes.
- 61% of people of 15 years or above were married in the 1940s.
- There was a higher % of the population under the age of 25 in the 1940s. This could contribute to the idealistic ideas that were present at the time.