Students in a 12th grade Civics class will compare and contrast the health priorities of two Senators in the 115th Congress.
- Students will visit Senate.gov and identify two Senators from any state and party.
- Students will then review the health care priorities of these two Senators and draft an essay (250 word minimum) 1) describing the health priorities of each Senator 2) identifying similarities and differences between the health priorities of the two Senators and 3) identifying any additional health priorities they feel should be included by the Senators that are not listed in their policy platforms.
Students will be graded based on the following rubric:
- 0-30 points: Student adequately described the health care priorities of two Senators.
- 0-30 points: Student identified similarities and differences between the health priorities of two Senators.
- 0-30 points: Student used critical thinking skills to identify additional health priorities for inclusion into the health care priorities for each Senator
- 0-10 points: Student met the 250 word limit and used proper grammar, sentence structure, and spelling.