- Transparency and elimination of decision making hierarchy
- Total honesty and accountability
- Discussion about mistakes and disagreements stimulate learning and progress
- Pressure to perform
Bridgewater is the largest hedge fund
Ranked #1 Hedge Fund by Institutional Investor
Location: Westport, CT
I have been passionate about investing my entire life. Since deciding I want to work with investments, my goal is to work at a hedge fund.
Investment Associate - The entry level investment position at Bridgewater. The four investment departments include Research, Client Service, Account Management, and Trading.
- Deep curiosity
- Outstanding intellectual ability
- Strong drive and high standards
- Great character
Finance experience is not required, however, my experience with Mergers & Acquisitions will be beneficial. Associates can be placed into a rotational program between the departments, but Trading interests me most. Bridgewater provides world-class education in economics, markets, and investing through on-the-job training and the Investment Associate training program.
- Within 2 years, 1/4 of new hires are gone
- Jobs are easy to come by with Bridgewater experience
- Those who remain are compensated significantly
- Possible to rise in ranks, evidenced by the current CEO Greg Jensen, who began as an intern while at Dartmouth College
It will be a dream come true working for Bridgewater Associates. It is the best possible job to begin my career due to the wealth of knowledge I will acquire. The intense culture excites me and draws me to the unique company. However, if I decide that it is not for me, I will have numerous opportunities after working for Bridgewater Associates.