My family came from checkloslovakia. However, we identify as Caucasian.
I grew up in the suburbs. This was my childhood home!
My family has been here for generations. We haven't been able to trace back when exactly though because of some adoptions and separations in our family.
My family is middle class and I have had a great life. My dad works a lot, but my parents would do anything for my brother or I. We have never gone without anything important and even most things we wanted, we got.
My great grandparents, grandparents, and parents all attended college. My dad has his doctorate and my mom is thinking about going back and to school!
My mom is a published author and my grandma likes to write, so we grew up hearing stories that they wrote!
- Traveling to Minnesota to see family. In the summers we would go to my uncle's lake cabin and in the winter we would travel around the state seeing family and celebrating Christmas with everyone.
- On New Year's Eve we always have a root beer float tasting party.
- When we are all home, we have game nights.
- We watch lots of sports together!
- Good night moon
- Tit for tat
- What goes around comes around
- Work hard, play hard
- The house won't clean itself
- Herb with the lisp
- Anything with me being dumb
- Stories with all my dads siblings
- My mom babysitting her siblings
Respect: give everyone a chance, say yes/no ma'am/sir, be kind
All adults deserve to be treated with respect. It is something that is assumed, not earned.
Children are not to question or talk back to adults and they must be called by their last name or ma'am/sir.
In kindergarten, my neighbor was my teacher and I called her by her first name in class and got in trouble for it. I never did that again!
Heroes in my family/town:
- Abraham Lincoln
- MLK Jr.
- John Calipar
Worthy of praise in my family:
- Getting good grades
- Being respectful
- Doing well at sports/activities
- Earning awards
Shameful in my family:
- Being late
- Being dishonest
- Not getting good grades
- Not performing well
Worthy of praise in my community:
- Taking honors classes
- Going to college
Taught to avoid in my community:
- Getting bad grades
- Hanging out on the streets