Welcome to Allan Hancock College Football!
Allan Hancock College is a California public community college located in northern Santa Barbara County. The college is ranked as one of the five best community colleges in California and one of the top 120 community colleges in the nation.
HEAD COACH - SETH DAMRON
Program Quick Facts
- Sent 19 sophomores to the four-year level after the 2019 season, with 7 landing at NCAA Division I programs
- Back-to-back bowl titles (2019 - Western State Bowl / 2018 - American Championship Bowl)
- THREE-PEAT: Pacific League Champion in 2017, 2018, & 2019
- For the latest news about our football program, click here.
Southern California Football Association
The Southern California Football Association boasts a unique organizational structure, which now includes two competitive divisions( divided into separate conferences). The SCFA provides an opportunity to insure competitive balance and a positive athletic, as well as an educational, experience for more than 3,000 student-athletes participating in our football programs each year.
2020-21 Cost of Tuition
- In-State: $46 per credit hour (if you qualify for financial aid, you may qualify for the California Promise Grant.. meaning FREE tuition)
- Out-of-State: $310 per credit hour
- If taking 12 credits per hour, full cost of tuition for an out-of-state student is $7,440 for the year
- If taking 6 credit hours or less during any term (summer/fall/winter/spring), you will only pay in-state tuition
- Interested in applying for financial aid? Click here
- Students that qualify for the Pell Grant can receive up to $6,495 (this amount changes annually)
- Students can also apply for student loans through the AHC Financial Aid office
- It is possible for an out-of-state student to become a California resident, and qualify for in-state tuition, if they live in the state for one calendar year. (Our staff at AHC helps individuals navigate the steps to this process)
- If you qualify for financial aid, you will also qualify for the California Board of Governor's grant. This grant waives your tuition, meaning your second year at AHC will be FREE.
- Like most California Community Colleges, AHC does not provide on-campus housing
- The Santa Maria community offers student-friendly housing, which typically consists of double occupancy rooms averaging $635 per month
- Students can visit Testa's Campus Market or Starry Sky Coffee on the Santa Maria campus to purchase drinks, snacks, and hot meals
- Allan Hancock does not offer campus meal plans, but the college does host a bi-weekly food share where all students can go to pick up food free of charge
- The State of California offers a program called Cal Fresh. Many students that qualify for financial aid may also qualify for the Cal Fresh program, which provides up to $200 per month for food
Academic Support - BARC Program
Lainey Campos serves as the designated athletics counselor for all student-athletes attending Allan Hancock College.
Under the Bulldog Athlete Retention Champions (BARC) program's initiatives, student-athletes are provided strategic support through:
- Academic planning to ensure NCAA, transfer, and/or graduation requirements are met
- Study hall and open labs facilitated by academic success instructors and coaches
- Access to computers in a dedicated study hall environment
- Specialized workshops focused on addressing their unique needs: such as residency, nutrition, and transfer
- Learning community collaboration of English, Speech, and Counseling faculty focused on engaging student-athletes interests and concerns in the classroom towards meeting transfer and graduation requirements.
Santa Maria, California
Allan Hancock College is located Santa Maria, a metro city in California’s Central Coast region. It is located is approximately 160 miles northwest of Los Angeles, 30 minutes from San Luis Obispo, and 20 minutes to the beach towns of Pismo Beach and the popular Avila beach coast. Santa Maria is affectionately known as "The West's Best BBQ Town". To learn more about the city, click here.
Allan Hancock College
The main campus is in Santa Maria, a 105 acre park-like setting that provides students with exceptional teaching and state of the art technology. The college is well-known for its English as a second language program, professional theatre program, and for providing superior support services for its students, including counseling and tutoring. To learn more about the college, click here. To view the details on our available academic programs, click here.
Allan Hancock College Quick Facts
- Student-to-Faculty ratio: 23:1
- 100+ various areas of study
- 30+ Student Clubs and Organizations
- 75% full-time retention rate
- Earned Military Friendly® School Designation
- Designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI)
- Brian Asselstine (Retired MLB Player - Atlanta Braves)
- Kathy Bates (Academy Award-winning actress)
- Mike Bratz (Former NBA player)
- Gunther Cunningham (NFL coach - Tennessee Titans)
- Boyd Gaines (3-time Tony award-winning actor)
- Winifred Hervey (Emmy & Golden Globe award-winning TV producer and writer)
- Kenneth Kring (1999 national champion and U.S. record holder in 45+ men's masters indoor pentathlon)
- John Marshall (NFL coach - Detroit Lions)
- Ronald Omberg (Nationally-recognized nuclear engineer)
- Bryn Smith (Retired MLB pitcher - Colorado Rockies)
- Robin Williams (Winner of Academy Award and two Screen Actors Guild awards)