Santiago, Chile is the best place to host the 2026 World Cup.
There are many reasons why the beautiful city of Santiago should be chosen, here are some of the main reasons:
- Ability to Sell Tickets: The population of Santiago is about a medium sized population for a city, but the GDP is quite high, meaning locals wouldn't mind the price of tickets. Also locals would be interested in going to watch games because soccer is liked the most by the people of Santiago.
- Security/Stability: The safety of the spectators throughout the World Cup is very important. That's why picking Santiago would be an excellent decision. Santiago has a low crime rate and is politically free.
- Infrastructure: Even though the stadium capacities are lower here, they have the best airport in all of Latin America. Many of the people traveling to the Cup will be choosing to travel by plane. Picking the city with the best airport in all of Latin America would not only impress the many guests you're trying to sell tickets to, you would also be ensuring them safe and accommodating trips to and from the Cup.
- Climate: Santiago has the perfect temperatures for all people involved in the World Cup. It is warm enough to where spectators can sit comfortably and watch games but not too hot where the players would become overheated. The elevation levels are at the levels where all players and watchers can breathe properly and won't have trouble during various activities. Lastly, there is little to no risk of hurricanes hitting this area, making for a great place to play soccer.
Reasons Why Picking Other Cities Would Be a Bad Decision
- Havana, Cuba: very bad airport
- Mexico City, Mexico: extremely high crime rate
- Caracas, Venezuela: extremely high crime rate
- Lima, Peru: high earthquake risk
- Sao Paulo, Brazil: high crime rate
- Rio de Janerio, Brazil: high crime rate
- Buenos Aries, Argentina: not the best airport