Connect with local experts and community partners to bring standards based garden curriculum into classrooms.
The DPS Garden Forum is a free event!
8:30 Registration & Breakfast
9:00 Logistics and Agenda
12:00 Lunch Provided by Whole Foods Market
1:00 Afternoon Workshops
2:15-3:00 Networking & Raffle
Spring Planning & Planting- Keep it simple!
- Grow a productive, resilient and thriving garden within the school year!
Garden Summer Clubs and Sensory Gardens
- Join DUG's Senior Education Specialist to learn engaging strategies!
Engaging the Community in Your School Garden Panel
- Join a panel of experts on garnering support from and for your community!
Nutrition: The Most Important Foundation Panel
- Learn how to actively engage students in their own nutrition education.
Cooking in the Garden
- Hands on training preparing food in the garden and classroom!
Garden Fundraising Panel
- Discover methods for successful fundraising and learn how to avoid funding pitfalls.
Youth Farm Stand
- Turn produce into funds for your school garden with this Toolkit.
Bees: Pollinators in your Backyard with Ray Story
Integrating Garden Curriculum in Classrooms
- Join DUG's Senior Education Specialist to learn best practices to integrate school gardens and academic standards!
Recycling and Composting in Denver
- Learn the latest in recycling and composting available in Denver and how to make a difference in your school and home.
Food Justice Education Panel
- Youth engage in creating food systems that provide healthy food as a right for all, not a privilege.
- Explore integrating food justice in classrooms with the GrowHaus, DUG and Choosing Health.
After School Garden Programming Panel
- Learn about summer garden clubs and sensory gardens!
- Explore more options for garden, health and nutrition education in after school programming.
Garden to Cafeteria Certification
- Mandatory training to earn money for your garden by selling to your cafeteria.
Garden of Youth
- Adaptive Special Education Employment Program readying students for successful employment
- Learn techniques to save your best producers for next season!