Let's look at several ways to get creative with Canvas discussion boards or discussions in general...
- Creative, interactive video discussion
- Mobile app, integrated in Canvas
- Free and easy to use
How to set up Flipgrid in Canvas
Instructions or watch this video!
keep scrolling down to explore...
Use groups for Discussion Boards
- With more than 15 students, threads get long and dry.
- Avoid the echo chamber!
- Set up Canvas groups at start of semester
- Create discussion board (duplicate assignment) and assign to specific groups
- Richer dialogue with smaller groups
- Use audio/video record feature in Canvas and allow students option to record responses
- Include images, embedded videos in the prompt
Consider student created media... students upload a graphic organizer, create a meme or infographic, and share with each other...
Student created sample social media post for business course
Created with images by Tumisu - "escalator down arrow" • niekverlaan - "guide handful of help" • Sponchia - "giraffes entertainment discussion" • Mikes-Photography - "comedy tragedy masks art theatrical" • geralt - "choice select decide"