Hey Jedi and padawan, I love this image. What is particular to it ?
- The whistle?
- All the same helmet?
- The serious look?!
- You don't know them?
- the players are teenagers?
- NOPE!!!! That ain't it. Let me give you a few hints.
I coached when I was younger
- I was a soccer coach for a U12 (under 12 years old) team that won the Quebec championship
- I coached our college volleyball team
- I even coached and lead our waterskiing team at a summer camp I worked when I was a young adult!
- I also coached the punter on our High School football team
All of these coaching experiences, there is one common denominator.
I never wore the uniform; I wasn't a player. I was a coach.
The coach doesn't play. He coaches. He teaches the captain (our Team leaders) and the players how to play.
I was part of the team, for sure. But the actual playing part, I was not part of. The players were. Players play. Coaches coach.
God gave the Body some the gifts. He did it so that they might prepare God's people to serve. Psalm 110:3
As a coach, we need to focus on equipping our teammates to be able to play the game. To
Help Team leaders OWN their room, their environment. Let them experiment by your side.
Worth Fighting For
We all encounter conflicts in relationships at home, at work, and at school. Most conflicts start because of unmet expectations. If we choose to act not react, choose to focus on the good in the other person, and choose to stay, our conflicts can be resolved in life-giving, loving way.
Your growth depends on how deep you commit to growing! So dig deeper.
- March 12th - VO @ 8:30 & 4pm SHOW UP!!!!! I want everyone to show up and talk to some new recruits.
- March 21th - Team Night 6:30-8:30 PM
- March 26th - Family Dedication Service 2:30-3:30 PM
- March 12th: afternoon Cluster meeting. It's sometimes hard to have 1 on 1...this will help you and me!
Come on coaches, these times are specifically planned for you!!! If you've got another time, ask me. It can be live or by video.
Team Leaders, you can fill in these spots if I'm available. Just go faster that your coach!
It will be great. Tons of people have been becoming fully alive and committing their lives to Christ. This is a time for us to be a blessing and be blessed at the same time!
- Saturday 6PM
- Sunday 8, 9:30, 11:30 AM. 1:30, 3:00 and 5PM.
Let's get our teams rolling!