First round of interview questions:
Q: What gift were you really happy to give and was received well by the person you gave it to?
A: Apple Watch
Q: who did you give it to?
A: her boyfriend
\Q: How did you come up with the idea for getting that gift for that person?
A: Throughout the year that was the gift that seemed like it was the thing on his mind and really wanted from previous conversations.
\Q: so would you say you rely on conversations to give you an idea as to what would be a good gift to get people?
A: Yes, its easier to rely on what she has talked about with people to know what they are looking for when gift Giving.
\Q: How did you determine that was the specific gift that the gifted was looking for?
A: brand and specs were spoken about in previous conversations so it was a no brained because she knew what to get from the start.
\Q: Do you ever look for help from apps or customer service to find what you are looking for?
A: physically entered store and had help from customer service to find the right gift?
\Q: what did you find yourself asking when you were looking for help?
A: size, fit, color, options of the gift in mind and what's best for the giftee.
\Q: Did you find anything frustrating in finding the right fit?
A: Availability, and no holiday special
\Q: Was price point a huge concern?
A: yes, price point huge concern so you can get more gifts for loved ones.
\Q: did you actively look for deals that would help to give a better price for the product you were looking for?
A: yes and no, she usually looks for deals but not for this product as she thought their wasn't a deal
\Q: what is the favorite part about gift Giving?
A: the reaction the gifted has when they open the gift
\Q: would getting the gift in time to wrap and give to you giftee be important?
\Q: Think of one gift you felt was difficult or at least sant in finding and giving to the giftee and what would that be?
A: the back pack the got for her boyfriend
\Q: what made getting the back pack an unpleasant experience?
A: because the recipient is very specific with what they want and finding a bag that met the specs was hard to find at a decent price
\Q: what measures did you take to find the right gift
A: Googled a lot
Second interview questions
\Q: what did you find that google was able to provide and how difficult was it once you found what google offered?
A: it was difficult to find through google because i couldn't describe what I was looking for to get desirable options.
\Q: did you need help describing what you were looking for?
A: yes because I knew what it needed to look like but couldn't find it in the sea of options that google was providing.
\Q: if there was one thing that hadn't gone right that would be the deciding factor in not buying it what would it have been?
A: if she couldn't see it in person
\Q: what was the process you went through when googling to find the product you were looking for?
A: went to google, searched bags, looked for bags that aligned with the personality of boyfriend, the look and feel he has, and was durable, trusted brand.
- Really needs to see in person so would need to have a feature that shows only products that she can go to in person. Filter to see only products within a given area.
- Need contact information directly to customer service representatives for follow up questions
- App should have products broken down from curated brands, being able to search by item first and have all items show and then be able to filter by brands
- The main functionality is the ability to search
- Making sure to get on time, also make sure the availability to pick up in store in called out
- Sale rep on phone or in person huge benefit
- Filters for size, fit, color, material
- Returnable items
- Items with deals huge in decision making
- Gift needs to be given in person so need to know when gift can be delivered
- Need to have detailed product information
- Have categories that are like personas for products when searched
- Need to be able to find close stores that can be visited to see product in person
- Reviews on the item level
- Comparison capabilities: be able to select multiple items and then compare
- Items with deals, or filtering cheapest to most expensive