Building & Site Sinking Fund
In a little over a month, you will be asked to decide an important issue in the November election. The Troy School District is asking voters to consider a 1 mill Building and Site Sinking Fund. This fund would be created at NO INCREASE TO YOUR CURRENT TAX RATE and would allow us to make necessary repairs and refurbishments to Smith and the rest of our schools.
If you have questions about this proposal, there is lots of information and a FAQ link on the TSD website.
But the most important thing to do right now is to make sure you are registered to vote! The last day to register is Tuesday, October 10th. Here is the form, which can be dropped off at the City Clerk's office.
As always, thank you for your support!
8th Grade Trip Update
We will be holding a student meeting during 6th hour on Friday, October 27. At this meeting students will receive:
- The final itinerary and an expectation sheet on what to bring for the trip.
- The final letter was mailed home by World Strides.
- The updated expectation and what to bring list and final itinerary are now uploaded on the SMS trip page.
We will share more details with the students as we get closer to departure date.
We are looking forward to a great time, Mrs. Casko and Mrs. Trice 😊
How to use the TPL eCard
Now that you have signed up your child in HAC for the Troy Public Library eCard, how do you use it? Here is a how-to video by Mrs. Chatel that walks your child through the process. Didn’t sign up? There’s still time! Find the instructions here.
Support the Smith PTO
1. PTO Meeting on Tuesday, October 24, at 7:00 p.m. in the Smith Media Center. Dr. Machesky, Superintendent of Troy Schools, will be speaking.
2. Fall Clean Up has been rescheduled for Saturday, October 28.
3. Kroger Community Rewards Smith’s organization code is #82743.
4. Amazon Smile
5. Box Tops raffle ends on Monday, October 23.
TYA: Navigating the Middle School Minefield
TYA Yoga for MS'ers
Weekly Schedule for 10/23/17