What are Google Expeditions?
Google Expeditions are virtual reality excursions using the Expedition app on smartphones which sit inside Google Cardboard cases.
Expeditions are led by the teacher as a 'Leader' and the app allows students to explore a virtual scene with the guidance of the teacher.
Google Expeditions app icon
What do I need to do to set up Expeditions for my class?
- Download the Expeditions app onto your teacher device and download the specific expeditions you want to explore with your class.
- Prior to the class, ask your students to download Expeditions onto their smartphones.
- OPTIONAL: Book the iPods from IT (there a total of ten (10) devices.
- Get the Expeditions kit which includes Wifi Router and Cardboard headsets (total of 54)
- When you are ready to do the expedition, click on the menu (top left hand corner) and select Switch Role to LEADER
- Ask your students to connect to your expedition as a FOLLOWER
How do I connect to Google Expeditions?
There are two ways to connect to Google Expeditions:
- Using your own phone
- Using a school iPod Touch (total of 10 available for loan from IT service desk)
Instructions to connect to wifi and the Expeditions app