The major Holidays/Celebration
- Hanukkah a holiday celebrated for 8 days starting on December 25th.
- Yom Kippur people don't eat for 25 hours starting on Rosh Hashanah.
- Rosh Hashanah Jewish new year.
- Bar Mitzvah/Bat Mitzvah the turning of a child to an adult from age 12-13.
- Shabbat Day is the day of rest.
- Passover is the major spring festival in commemoration of the liberation of Israelites, lasts 7-8 days.
Judaism is a monotheistic religion. Monotheistic means believing in one God. They also believe that one day God will send them the messiah to save them from exile and take them to an ara of world peace. Their sacred text "The Torah" provides stories of the origin and the laws of the religion. "The Western Wall" is the remains of the second Jerusalem temple built after the Jews returned from Babylonian Captivity. They hold prayers at the Wall morning ,afternoon ,and night.