- John smith founded the Virginia colony in 1607
- John Rolfe planted the first tobacco crop in 1612.
- John Rolfe marries Pocahontas and the significance of this is the relationship between Native Americans and Jamestown.
- War strikes and in order to pay the debt from the war the stamp act gets put into place this puts a tax on all stamps purchased.
Values and beliefs
- In the 1700s families went to market places and had plays most of them being written by Shakespeare.
- Girls played with corn husk dolls
- Boys played marbles
- Men would sometimes play music and games in community gatherings
Genre and style
- Poetry was somewhat popular but it mostly bad
- The main topics to wright was biographies, treaties,accounts of voyages, and sermons
Authors and Works
- William Bradford "Of Plymouth Plantation"(1681)
- Anne Bradstreet "To My Dear and Loving Husband"(1678)
- Roger Williams "A Key into the Language of America" (1643)
Sources: timetoast.com and let.rug.nl