Our Focus is You
We see you & we know things are hard right now. We want to meet you where you are.
Self-Employment can be an excellent option to enter/re-enter the labour force, especially given the difficulty many have in finding employment in the new COVID-19 world.
Rebel Entrepreneur provides opportunities for enhancing employment skills, building a business plan, support launching or relaunching a business, or access to additional training or education that will enable you to reach your self/employment goals.
We want to see you succeed. Let us help you get there.
As a Rebel Entrepreneur You'll Receive
- An Individualized Training Plan based on assessments, strengths and barriers, interests and aptitudes
- Essential Entrepreneurial, Business, and Soft Skills
- Assistance developing a Business Plan
- Business Coaching & Mentoring
- Support launching or relaunching your business
- Monitoring and follow-up
Rebel Entrepreneur is delivered online, Island-wide, during the pandemic. Once we can safely meet in-person, we will switch to a blended model with in-person coaching available if needed.
We utilize webinar & video conferencing software to deliver training anywhere, connect from the comfort of home.
In order to participate you will need:
- Microphone and speaker, headset etc. to hear and communicate
- Reliable internet access
- A comfortable place to participate in classroom activities
If you don't have access to a piece of equipment please let us know and our team may be able to help
Rebel Entrepreneur consists of 10 weeks of virtual Boot Camp, with facilitated classroom time combined with self directed use of the LMS Entrepreneur Inside, as well as 1:1 work with a Business Coach to develop your Business Plan and launch or relaunch a business!
Week 1: Breaking it Down to Build You Up
Gain personal insight to better understand your personal strengths and challenges. We will focus on soft skills, essential skills, short duration training, and assessments.
Week 2: The Nitty Gritty
Learn the high-level concepts needed to run a business. We will focus on Entrepreneurial Skills and short duration training if needed.
Week 3 - 8: From The Ground Up
Learn about and implement the components of a business plan. We will continue to focus on Entrepreneurial Skills.
Week 9: Time To Refine
We will work together on refining your business plan through a combination of review, reassessment, and peer-feedback.
Week 10: Presentations
Presentations to your peers (using new technologies), and to a special Review Panel. We will continue with more 1:1 time with your Business Coach.
After your 10 weeks of virtual classroom work you may choose to launch or relaunch your business based on your Business Plan.
The Rebel Entrepreneur program offers follow-up supports for up to 3 months after the program.
Our "Roving Business Coach" is available to assist with business implementation and answer questions. We will also have regular monthly touch base sessions for all interested Rebel Participants, where our Rebels can share their journeys and support their peers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if I have to miss a session for work, school, family emergency, or other commitments?
- Participants will be expected to inform their facilitator in advance and make arrangement for material missed
What do I get paid?
- During phase 1, participants receive a daily stipend of $30/day based upon attendance
What technology do I need in order to participate? And what happens if I don’t have the required technology?
- Participants require a computer and webcam with reliable internet access
- A quiet space where you can talk freely without disruptions
- If you do not have access, the Rebel team will work with you to help you obtain the necessary equipment
Created with images by VinzentWeinbeer - "home office office work" • Pexels - "document education hand" • SplitShire - "macbook notebook apple"