In the spices , there is cloves, nutmeg, and mace. Spice is one of the most valuable more than anything. Everyone wanted spice more than metal and gold and those two are very valuable as well, just not so much as spice. When people would find spice , it was only the rich, and only if your explores could find it as well and could make it back in one shipment.
- Causes: These spices only grew in a very few islands and they were mostly in the South Pacific East Indies.
- Effect: The people who would explore to these islands had to navigate and at least make it back alive.
- Causes: The spices brought out money for selling it.
- Effect: People would spend money on other things such as technology , and navigation such as throughout Asia and the New world around.
- Causes: In such as countries that did find the islands they became very rich. They became very rich for their spices.
- Effect: In Portugal they had monopoly over any other countries.
Labor In The New World
The Europeans that became addicted to the sugar, and only because this only grew in tropical environments, and the Spanish were told they would get land and they would forced the natives to work in the lands.
- Causes: The sugar cane plantations in Cuba, Hispaniola , Barbados and Jamaica.
- Effect: They're is so many American Indians and Africans that were taken to work on the Caribbean plantations of sugar canes.
- Causes: Natives the way they were treated was cruelly by the Spanish.
- Effect: The Caribbean natives decimated by a diseases. They would form this treatment that they received from the Spanish. The Spanish priest name was Bartolome De Las Casas and went back to Spain to protest for the native rights.
- Causes: The Spanish conquistadors and other leaders were granted land
- Effect: The Spanish took over the Caribbean Islands and brought over Africans and forced the natives to work starting slave trade.
This is a system of trade in the 18th and 19th century from the Europe, Africa, and the New World. This was used to exchanged all the goods. Slaves and precious metals between the countries and to as well boost their economies.
- Causes : The salves were brought over from Africa.
- Effect: The slaves increased marketing profit for the white men. They didn't have to really pay the slaves for their hard working
- Causes: Mercantilism- exporting of goods and there precious metals
- Effects: The shipments that they had in the New World and Europe brought back money, having a good economy in their countries
- Causes: These slaves were being captured and kidnapped to be shoved in these cargo ships
- Effects: That diseases, starvation and also death.
Citations; juneteeth world wide celebration Juneteenth world wide celebration, N.p, n.d
New world labor system; European indentured servants African passes Lowcountry Adaptations Lowcountry Digital History Initiative
The Middle passage Ushistory.org Independence hall association