Things that led up to the American revolution.
1. The sugar act. This was a moment in time where the people had to pay taxes of six pence per gallon on the importation of foreign molasses.
2. The stamp act. The stamp act was the first serious attempt for Parliament to assert government authority over the colonies.
3. French and Indian war. A battle between the French and the Indians, this was also known as the "Seven year war."
4. The Boston massacre. This event took place on March 5, 1770. People were snowballing British Soldiers and then the people were immediately killed.
5. The Boston Tea Party. This event happened due to taxation. People were mad and protested by throwing tea overboard from 3 different ships.