Okapi Brianna wike

Project Parameters:

The goal of this project was to make a well organized, well thought out design of a endangered animal. Requirements were to portray a message of some sort raising awareness for the animal.


I began the process by creating a practice piece of a flower

Print Practice 1
Print Practice 2
Print Practice 3

After feeling confident enough with my printing skills i began sketching my final piece.

Once i found my design i began drawing and cutting my final. Once this was done i printed my piece many times before finding the best one.

After creating several prints i decided the tree would need texture as well and applied ink to the cut out section and applied more force to that area.
Final Product

I am okay with how my pieced turned out. I feel i created a good design and the black and white parts of the piece turned out well. After completing it i know there are many more things i could have done to make this have better composition. If i were ever to make this project again i would find a way to implement a message because i feel my piece is lacking in that area. I would also experiment with different animals and different designs more than i did. However in the end i am proud of my work and please with it.

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.