September 3, 2020 | Vol 2. Issue 1
Welcome back to This Week at Wheeler for the 20-21 school year. I will be brief; we have given you so much to read.
All I will say today as we end our last week before school's true reopening, is thank you. Thank you for your support, your encouragement, your patience, your flexibility, and your kindness. You have shown true Wheeler spirit this summer and we know that our partnership is the foundation that will carry us through this time.
When you see them, please also thank our maintenance team, division and program leadership, faculty and staff who are showing up every day with their best problem solving, creative, persistent, and kid-focused energy to make our reopening as smooth, joyful and healthy as possible. We cannot wait to see your students again next week. Have a wonderful weekend.
And please, keep reading!
This week, we brought you the Three Ws, Wash Your Hands, Watch Your Distance, and Wear a Mask, and launched a new Food Service site with useful information for every family. Liz Kilduff '86 and Bob Martin from our Visual Arts Department received much-deserved praise, and so, too, did our Upper School Spanish Teacher, Amy Bonnici! The Wheeler Warriors, with the help of Wheeler Alumnus Graham Lynch `16, made a video #SafeReturnToSports. Breakthrough Providence shared this inspiring update of their successful summer programming, and our Farm and City campuses are in the final stages of preparation to welcome students back next week!
Monday, September 7
- Labor Day Observed - School Closed
Tuesday, September 8
- 9th and 10th gr orientation
- NEW 1st through 3rd Grade Students visit, 8:30 - 9:00 am
- RETURNING 1st through 3rd Grade Students visit, 9:30 - 10:00 am
- NEW 4th and 5th Grade Students visit, 10:30 - 11:00 am
- RETURNING 4th and 5th Grade Students visit, 11:00 - 12:30 pm
- Hamilton and Wheeler Middle School orientation by groups
- Hamilton Lower School, gr 1-3, in-person orientation, 9:30 - 10:30 am
- Hamilton Lower School, gr 4-5, in-person orientation, 11:00 - 12:00 pm
- Read your divisional emails for all 4 divisions' orientation information!
Wednesday, September 9
- Wheeler and Hamilton Middle School orientations
- 10th and 11th gr orientation
Thursday, September 10 (Day 6)
- Classes begin
- Wheeler Gr 9-10 Classes Begin Virtual Learning
- Gr 11 - 12 In-person classes begin
- Wheeler and Hamilton gr N-6 In-person classes begin
- Wheeler and Hamilton gr 7 In-person classes begin
- Wheeler and Hamilton gr 8 Virtual classes begin
- First Day of WOW
News and Events
Wheeler Fall Enrichment Offerings: September 21 - December 17 for Wheeler Lower + Hamilton, Grades Nursery - 5.
WSPA Parent/Guardian Coffee Hour (Click for Zoom Link): Virtual drop-in Coffee Hour! Join the WSPA on Tuesday, September 22 at 9am to connect with other Wheeler School parents/guardians in a casual atmosphere.
Enjoy the long weekend, but remember to keep a safe distance, limit your social gatherings to 15 or fewer, be mindful when traveling, and limit contact with those outside your immediate family. Keep wearing your mask and washing your hands! Together, we can set ourselves and our community up for success on our first day back at Wheeler.