Items Worth Noting
If you will require a Driver's Attendance/ Grade Form or an ACT Student Identification Form, please contact the school office two days prior to the date you will need it. We want to make sure everything is correct and it is ready for you to pickup.
The tardy bell rings at 7:55am
Important Dates to Remember
- November 25th-29th- Thanksgiving Break
- December 2nd-6th- MAP Testing
- December 5th- GJHS Make-Up Picture Day
- December 17th-20th- Semester Exams (specific schedule will be shared shortly)
- December 20th- End of 2nd 9 weeks
- December 23rd- January 6th- Christmas Break
- January 15th- AP Human Geography Field Trip
- January 20th- Martin Luther King Day (No School)
- February 11th- Early Dismissal Day (1:15)
- February 11th- GJHS Parent/ Teacher Conferences (2:00-7:00)
- February 11th- 8th Grade Job Shadow Day (facilitated by Career Development Teachers)
- February 13th- Early Dismissal Day (1:15)
- February 17th- Presidents' Day (No School)
- February 18th- 8th Grade UCA Play Field Trip
- March 12th- End of 3rd 9 weeks
- March 23rd-27th- Spring Break
- April 10th- Good Friday (No School)
- May 22nd- Last Day of School
Semester Exam Exemption Criteria
In an effort to encourage and reward students for attending school daily, GJHS is offering semester exam exemptions for the Fall and Spring semesters!
- Students will be exempt from semester testing if they miss 3 or fewer days of classroom instruction (excused or unexcused).
- School business absences will not count against students.
- Concurrent credit and AP courses require students take the semester/ final exam.
- Principal: Jason Miller - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Principal: Sarah Jerry - email@example.com
- Dean of Students: Blake Benton- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Counselor: Millie Engler- email@example.com
- Secretary: Betsy Petty- firstname.lastname@example.org