Talofa lava, Malo e lelei, Kia Orana, Fakalafa lahi atu, Namaste, Ni sa bula vinaka, Konichiwa
I trust you all had a wonderful holiday. It was a real joy to see the smiling faces flooding back in the gate for the start of term. A very warm welcome to all the new families who have joined our school learning community. I know that you will really enjoy all aspects of school life. Our school continues to grow fast and we now have 625 students.
We have an exciting term ahead of us including junior tabloid sports and senior athletics days and I personally can’t wait to see our amazing choir perform at the APPA Music festival on Wednesday 7th November in the Auckland Town Hall.
Labour Weekend (Holiday)
Just a reminder school is closed on Monday 22nd October for Labour Day. Enjoy the long weekend!
Students for 2019/Pre School Morning
We are starting to consider the make-up of our classes for 2019. To help us with this job, it is useful to be informed of any new students who intend coming to Chapel Downs and of any families who are leaving. If you have neighbours, family or friends who are planning to come here please encourage them to pre-enrol. Our pre-school visit morning will be held on Thursday 22nd November Please ring the office on(09) 274 8002 if you would like to attend.
Term 4-Parent/Student/Teacher Interviews
It is well established that schools with a close home and school partnership are more successful in meeting goals and targets for learning and teaching. The team is looking forward to reporting to you on students’ progress against their learning goals. Parent / Student / Teacher interviews will be held in week seven – Thursday 29th November from 2pm
Junior Oral Reading
Congratulations to all the children who participated in last month’s Junior Oral Reading Competition. Junior Reading Competition Placegetters 2018:
Year 0-1st: Dillon Faata A0 2nd: Japhet Tuiloma A0 3rd: Khaleb De Veas A3 Highly commended: Wesley Fereti A4
Year 1-1st: Tia-leilani A5 2nd: Eden Nansen A4 3rd: Devin Palalagi A6 Highly commended: Ambros Kitson A1 Darius Leef-Toia A2
Year 2-1st: David Brown A11 2nd: Zayan Khan A7 3rd: Emily Forse- Lalich A9 Highly commended: Ernest Rieza A6
Year 3-1st: Corleone Ma’afu A15 2nd: Azaria Rickit A14 3rd: Rihannah Tuala A13 Highly commended: Jacqueline Tapaitau A12 Ben Tokahere A15
This year our athletics sports will be held on Tuesday 13th November
• Y5/Y6 Athletics 9.30am - 11.30am
• Y3/Y4 Athletics 12.30pm - 3.00pm
All students will compete in six different events – sprints, 400m run, 800m run, high jump, long jump and softball throw.
The Y1 and Y2 students will participate in the Tabloid Sports day on Wednesday 5th December .
Vector EPro8 Challenge
Last month Year 5/6 children competed in the Vector EPro8 Challenge. Chapel Downs 1 - came in 4th place. Congratulation to Johnny, Daniah, Jordan, Saastian, Jewel, Lauren, Maheep and Rinoa
- OCTOBER 22 - LABOUR DAY (Holiday)
- OCTOBER 24 - APPA CHOIR REHEARSAL -SOMERVILLE INTERMEDIATE
- NOVEMBER 2 - SCHOOL ASSEMBLY 1.45pm
- NOVEMBER 6 - OTARA SCHOOLS SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT
- NOVEMBER 6 - CHOIR REHEARSAL AT AUCKLAND TOWN HALL
- NOVEMBER 7 - APPA CHOIR AUCKLAND TOWN HALL-7.30pm
- NOVEMBER 22 - PRE-SCHOOL VISIT 9.15am
- NOVEMBER 29 - PARENT TEACHER INTERVIEWS 2pm-8pm
- NOVEMBER 30 - SCHOOL ASSEMBLY 1.45pm
- DECEMBER 7 - SERVICE AWARDS AND YEAR 6 GRADUATION-1.45pm
- DECEMBER 13 - JUNIOR PRIZEGIVING 11.15am
- DECEMBER 13 - SENIOR PRIZEGIVING 6.30PM
- DECEMBER 14 - END OF TERM FOUR
- JANUARY 30 - TERM ONE 2019
2019 School Terms
- Term One - 30th January - 12th April
- Term Two - 29th April - 5th July
- Term Three - 22nd July - 27th September
- Term Four - 14th October - 13th December