We're glad you asked....
Addison Coffee Roasters is the longest continually operating coffee roaster in all of North Texas. We've been providing coffee since 1984. Sal Calabrese, the original owner, & Richard Duncan, the current owner, worked tirelessly to establish a down-to-earth, dependable, and ethical reputation.
In the past 5 years, our Wholesale program and retail following has grown exponentially! As we've expanded, we've been able to indulge in some geekier pursuits, like coffee tastings and investing in the Ikawa roaster.
We offer over 50 unique single origins, blends, and flavored coffees. Featuring coffees from all major coffee-producing regions of the world, we have plenty of options to keep your menu dynamic, interesting, and evolving.
Ethically Sourcing & Environmental Conscientiousness
Being in the coffee business for 35 years has its perks! We have long-standing rapport with our green coffee brokers, who are well versed in our standards and interests. While all of our coffees are ethically sourced, we do have certified options for your peace of mind: Fair Trade Organic Certified, biodynamically grown, and Rainforest Alliance Certified options. We are always looking for new ways to be a more environmentally conscientious business. One of the most impactful additions has been our Revelation Roaster, one of the most energy efficient and eco-friendly roasters available today.
Custom coffee Tasting
We provide custom coffee tasting upon request. The typical tasting lasts anywhere from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours. We recommend no more than 6 coffees to start to avoid getting overwhelmed with possibilities. (You can always add more to your menu later.)
Tips for a successful tasting:
- Don't wear cologne or perfume.
- Don't eat strong flavors before the tasting (onions, garlic, mints-- you get the idea). You'll want to taste the coffee, itself, not onion coffee.
- Arrange daycare for your children. We love little ones, but we'll need your full attention in order to keep to schedule so you can get back to them.
- Be prepared with questions. Not sure how to sell the coffees your interested in tasting? Curious about which brew method would showcase a certain coffee the best? This is a great time to ask.
- We need a .jpeg or .png file of your company logo.
- We'll also need your company's contact information (physical address, phone, and email or website).
- To ensure consistent image quality, no solid, dark backgrounds please.
- The State requires certain information to be included on the labels, so we'll need to work together to make sure the design doesn't look cluttered.
- Approval of your custom label will need to be confirmed before processing your first order. (Just a quick email response is all that's needed.)
retail packaging fulfillment
We use ventilated, foil-lined bags that accommodate 8 oz., 12 oz., and 16 oz. options. There are minimum requirements for these size bags, so please make sure to check the price sheet for those. While we always recommend grinding coffee just before brewing, we can grind the coffee any way you wish: espresso grind, drip grind, and cold brew grind are the most commonly requested.
We offer free shipping anywhere in the continental U.S. on orders having 30 lbs. of coffee or more. If you are in the DFW area, we can put you in our delivery schedule or you can enjoy a small discount for picking up your order from our location in Addison, TX.
Tips for successful order delivery/shipping:
- UPS charges quite a bit extra for delivery to residential addresses, so we prefer to ship your order directly to your business address when feasible. If you need your order shipped to a residential address, we'd be happy to split the shipping cost with you!
- We use UPS to ship our customers' orders. UPS may not deliver to all locations on the weekends. Please take this into account when planning your orders so you can receive them in plenty of time. (We find that ordering on Mondays or Tuesdays is the best way to avoid this scenario.)
We have the variety your customers crave.
Most of our offerings are featured on our website. Use the Search tool to find a specific coffee product page. There, you'll find super helpful tasting notes. Click the link below to get started.
Tips on ordering:
- Note the minimum requirements for each size at the bottom right corner of the price sheet.
- Any of the dark roast coffees can be used to make espresso based drinks.
- Custom blends and Limited Editions are also available upon request.
Tips for ordering your coffee:
- Place your order on Monday or Tuesday for best chance at receiving your order before the following weekend.
- We roast to order. Freshness is of paramount importance to us. This means that we will roast what you need only once it is ordered.
- We know emergencies happen. If you need to place an emergency order, we'll do our best to accommodate you as soon as possible. Otherwise, we need 24-48 hours notice on most other orders.
- Your order completion notification is sent via email by way of your sales receipt. If your order is to be shipped, your tracking number(s) will be listed there.
- If you're a local business and would prefer to pick up your order instead, you could be eligible for a small discount. (Minimum requirements may apply.)