Cattle mating traits for both male & female By: shyann & maddy
- The normal estrus length for cows is 6-35 hours.
- Some signs of being in heat are cow stands when being mounted by other cows
- mucus discharge from vulva, swelling and redness of vulva
- might rest head or chin on another cows butt or back
- When multiple cows are in heat the mounting of other cows is more active among herd.
- The best time to observe behaviors is in the morning and evening.
- A way to know a female is pregnant is when the bull goes around them, then the female goes away, and don't want anything to do with them.