Freemasonry was founded by men who shared a commitment to supporting each other in friendship, fellowship and service to mankind. For thousands of years, men have found spiritual and philosophical fulfillment as members of the fraternity, which still operates on the same core values. In order to become a Freemason, it is necessary to meet these requirements:
- Be a man.
- Have a sound reputation, and be well-recommended by your peers.
- Believe in a Supreme Being, regardless of your religion.
- Be over the age of 18 years.
Build Your Character
The Freemason motto is "better men make a better world." Freemasonry stresses honor, personal responsibility and personal integrity, and offers the following to its members:
- Teachings on the philosophy and history of Freemasonry.
- Encouragement to live for the good of all mankind, and ideas for practicing good citizenship and acting with charity and love.
- An invitation to participate in the ancient rites of Freemasonry, including a handshake, the rituals of initiation, and freedom to use the Masonic square and compass symbol.
Robinson Locke Lodge meets at least twice monthtly, on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at the Sylvania Masonic Temple (except in July and August) with special Fellowcraft dinners the first Monday of each month.